• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Univesal Marine Diesel (5425) and Hurth Trans

rgraham

Member II
I put my engine on ebay if anyone is interested.

Running Takeout, removed from 1982 - Ericson E36 (8-14-2006). Universal Marine Diesel 5424 (24hp) with Hurth transmission (2:1). Complete with instrument panel (not shown) Fuel, Oil Pressure, Alternator gauges. This engine runs fine I decided to re-power with a newer (27 hp) Yanmar. Comes with a 1" shaft coupling. I bought the boat in June 2001 and the PO said that he had had a new water pump installed and new exhaust elbow. And had the Heat exchanger serviced. He also said he used the boat very little over the ten years he owned it (mostly a marina queen). I had the alternator rebuilt. I'll throw in a second rebuilt alternator. I don't know how many hours are on this engine there was no hour meter on the boat. I have used it very little since I bought the boat (~ 40 hours) because I have spent most of my time restoring this vessel. This would be perfect for a Atomic 4 gas to diesel conversion at a great price. This engine is sold as is, with no warranty. Good engine at a great price. Convert that Atomic four to diesel. Pick up local or can be shipped at buyers expense. (probably $250 - $375 for east coast I don't know what it would cost for west coast).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=190025545228&ih=009&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Word of warning

I had a listing removed by ebay because of keyword spamming. I had the word jib in the description for a spinnaker. Although the words Atomic and Kubota are associated with this engine, not everyone knows this and all it takes is for 1 lister to complain to ebay and they rip it off, no questions asked.