Wanted: Autohelm

Bob Robertson

Member III
Autohelm ST4000 wheel pilot

Hi,

I have an Autohelm ST4000 wheel pilot that I just replaced. If you have an interest, please contact me offline.

Enjoy,
Bob

Last edited:

P Abele

Member II
I have an Autohelm ST 4000 on which the compass acts up maybe 20% of the time and goes crazy hunting around for a heading - as can be seem in the LCD display. Of course the unit cannot steer the boat when this is happening so I would like to replace it, but Raymarine appears to have just discontinued all of their wheel steering models!!! It looks like the only way to replace it is with a below deck hayraulic unit which I don't want to deal with. Any ideas on where I might find a replacement unit?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Raymarine replaced their older wheel pilot (which they acquired from the AutoHelm takeover) with a new model recently, the S1.
Here is a link:
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/ProductDetail.asp?site=1&section=2&page=88&product_id=3686

I would check with Raymarine for parts and service info or with one of their servicing dealers. I would not expect much joy from typical retail outlets that just sell boxes... More's the pity, since that's what We$t Marine has devolved into around here.
Our fair city has a full service independant marine electronics shop; perhaps there is one near you (?).

Best of luck,

Loren in PDX
(A4000S on an Olson 34)