• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

wanted: Ericson 37

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Hey Martin the Ericson 37 is my boat, don’t let the price fool you I bought a powerboat 44 wellcraft San Remo which the wife loves. It has a jacuzzi tub in the aft cabin. I’m tired of paying for two slip fees that’s why the price is LOW. My Ericson 37 is in Good condition.
Yep, I get it. Hope the 37 goes to someone who will appreciate and maintain it.

Fboutelle

Yep, I get it. Hope the 37 goes to someone who will appreciate and maintain it.
Martin
Are you a broker? I never have had a problem with any of the issues you stated. Also I’ve owned the Ericson 37 for five years and never reached out to you or your dad. I don’t know who you are. By you making these false clams doesn’t help me sell my boat. If you are a Surveyor that’s great but I never had you survey my boat. If anyone is interested in her I’ll provide a survey report. My broker said there are brokers out there that play games like this
I would appreciate if you retract your statement about my boat unless you have a survey in your hand

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Please temper your reaction. I have also read Webb Chiles published article about his boat.
While his hull seam had problems, that structural problem has not been reported in others that I know of. I have previously owned a boat from a different builder that was molded out in two halves which were then glassed together. Never a problem with any of them.

You state that your hull has not had problems. Your broker has expressed a negative attitude about other brokers.
You are both entitled to your observations and opinions.

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Martin
Are you a broker? I never have had a problem with any of the issues you stated. Also I’ve owned the Ericson 37 for five years and never reached out to you or your dad. I don’t know who you are. By you making these false clams doesn’t help me sell my boat. If you are a Surveyor that’s great but I never had you survey my boat. If anyone is interested in her I’ll provide a survey report. My broker said there are brokers out there that play games like this
I would appreciate if you retract your statement about my boat unless you have a survey in your hand
No, not a broker and I am not playing any games. I'm not sure what false claims you are accusing me of making. Somebody up thread brought up Webb Chiles who owned a 37 and circumnavigated it. In his own book, "Storm Passage: Alone around Cape Horn" he documented the issues he had with it and I pointed that out...period. It's there on the internet for anybody to read.

I happen to like the 37 and as I've mentioned before, my dad bought hull # 1 and we campaigned her for a couple of years as a factory boat. We had our own issues with the boat, but nothing structural. Nobody said anything negative about your particular boat which I'm sure is in good shape and will sell fast, so chill out.

Fboutelle

No, not a broker and I am not playing any games. I'm not sure what false claims you are accusing me of making. Somebody up thread brought up Webb Chiles who owned a 37 and circumnavigated it. In his own book, "Storm Passage: Alone around Cape Horn" he documented the issues he had with it and I pointed that out...period. It's there on the internet for anybody to read.

I happen to like the 37 and as I've mentioned before, my dad bought hull # 1 and we campaigned her for a couple of years as a factory boat. We had our own issues with the boat, but nothing structural. Nobody said anything negative about your particular boat which I'm sure is in good shape and will sell fast, so chill out.
My apologies. I thought you were taking about my boat Abreojos that’s the 37 Ericson in the post out of Oxnarnd.
If that’s the case

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
The "one-ton" boats of that vintage had beautiful lines. I have not seen an Ericson 37 but I used to see a black hull Carter "One-Ton" sailing out of the St Thomas yacht club near where we lived circa mid 70's. That was a beautiful boat. I had been thinking about finding one to restore but I don't think any of them are left.