We took the gun last night

treilley

Sustaining Partner
We have been progressing in the new boat all season and getting faster and faster. We(PHRF 141) have beaten a Sabre 38(PHRF 129) the last four races. 3 times across the line and once on corrected time. Last night we finally crossed the line first and placed 2nd(23 seconds behind) behind a Tanzer 22. An Ericson 34 with 20 years experience usually beats us but he was out cruising this week. Next week I am gunning for him!

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Finally got the win. We took the gun again last night and this time managed to win by 1:23. The nearest boat to finish to us was a Sabre 38 that crossed the line 9:00 minutes behind us.

We were second over the start, passed the Sabre on the first leg and never looked back. Actually not true, we looked back a lot. 1 more race left in the season and I hope to sail against the E34. He was a no show last night.

Here are the season resilts.

http://www.centerboard.org/race/WedNightResults2007.html

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Another gun tonight and possibly another win. Last race of the season and it was neck and neck all the way against the 34. It came down to a tacking duel at the end and we edged him out by 20 seconds purely on tactics. Great to end on a high note. Hopefully we carry the momentum into next season. I can't wait!

Bob in Va

Member III
Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer...

Those roasted chestnuts will taste a lot better this winter as you remember how the season ended. Good going - now YOU will be the one in everyone's sights next spring! (Show 'em no mercy.)