• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Welcome to EricsonYachts.org - v.5!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My .02 (worth about one cent actually). ..
The old site had an "album" section for me and over the years i have populated it with u/l pictures. AFAIK this part of my personal info was always available to any other member that wanted to look. I have sometimes used those photos in links in other parts of the site to illustrate something. I must have overlooked an option to make them 'private'.
I just looked at my album and there seem to be approx the same 21 pix that I recall. I presume that all of the other site members can view them.
If I send a link via email to a friend , hopefully they will continue to click on it and view the image too. (?) The later feature has been helpful to a friend at the Club who is presently re-powering his boat with a new Betamarine and has been discussing how I did this, along with several other club members who have re-poswer their boats.
IMHO, this ability to help other sailors is one of the most 'worthy' goals/outcomes of a site like this.
:egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
IMHO, this ability to help other sailors is one of the most 'worthy' goals/outcomes of a site like this.

Agreed - and I just sent you a note on my outlook for content on this site going forward. I agree that helping owners with their Ericson is a critical portion of the mission of this site - however that has be balanced with the real world requirements of storage space and the accumulation of images which may or may not have anything to do with the Ericson line. Like everything else, there have to be boundaries - and the question I have always asked is: "Is this useful information for the owners?".

The guidance documents I've mentioned in other posts will provide more clarity on this topic and will support the policies going forward. I think once we get a bit further away from the dust and noise of the migration, it would be a good time to discuss.

//sse

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
The “Racing and Crusing” blog category might benefit from another “i.”
Unless it’s supposed to be “Racing and Cursing,” which is completely understandable, but would still need a bit of sorting.
;)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
The “Racing and Crusing” blog category might benefit from another “i.”
Unless it’s supposed to be “Racing and Cursing,” which is completely understandable, but would still need a bit of sorting.
;)

Got it - thanks very much - much appreciated!

//sse