• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What are these hooks on our anchor roller fitting for?

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Our anchor roller fitting has two parallel hooks on the inboard side of it. I can’t figure out what they’d be used for? Don’t seem to be a good configuration for lashing the anchor. Anyone able two help with 1- original design intent and 2- other practical uses? Thanks!

Anchor roller hooks.jpg

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Our anchor roller fitting has two parallel hooks on the inboard side of it. I can’t figure out what they’d be used for? Don’t seem to be a good configuration for lashing the anchor. Anyone able two help with 1- original design intent and 2- other practical uses? Thanks!

I expect those are tack points for sails without a furler. Real deck sweepers.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I expect those are tack points for sails without a furler. Real deck sweepers.
Yes, altho not just for deck sweepers. For all hank-on sails or sails hoisted up a luff groove.
Often for racing where fast headsail changes are needed during a race as wind strength goes up or down. (Us geezer/former racers with roller furled sails just roll our head sail in to reduce area, and settle for a bit less efficiency. )

Further discussion here: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/38-200-two-strange-hooks-at-bow.13354/#post-92943

Last edited:

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
My anchor roller also has those, and while I have no hank-on sails currently it does get "practical" use, as it makes a great routing channel for my shore power cable.