What is this and do I want to replace / use it?

Becca

Hi All,
It looks to me like a bimini or tent pole awning system...yes, there are two on the other side....is this original to an E27? I recall in my youth a pole system you could bend that had a shank button. You'd put the button in the large hole and slide the neck/shank down to the small end.

Any ideas?

Votes for : a) remove and fill hull holes b) continue web search for similar bracket (2 hours invested already) c) ignore and move on to bigger issues

Sorry photo uploaded funny!
Best,
Becca

Rplastic bracket thingy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Tabs on a removable boarding ladder drop into those slots. I have not seen these for sale for many years, but then I have not been looking for one either!
:)

Loren

Guy Stevens

Swim Ladder connections

Do you have the swim ladder that goes with the sockets?

If not get rid of them.

Guy
:-0

Becca

Swim Ladder in the PacNW?

Thanks for the identification!
Wow, I was sure those mounts were for some kind of canopy system...they are on both starboard and port side so I guess the ladder could be used either side if you couldn't figure out leeward or windward in a figure 8 MOB rescue??
Did the Swiftsure Regatta Cape Flattery course this year, safety lecture didn't mention such a neat-o ladder system :)

Best,
Becca

Disposing of brackets post haste...

Blue Chip

Member III
Thanks for the identification!
Wow, I was sure those mounts were for some kind of canopy system...they are on both starboard and port side so I guess the ladder could be used either side if you couldn't figure out leeward or windward in a figure 8 MOB rescue??
Did the Swiftsure Regatta Cape Flattery course this year, safety lecture didn't mention such a neat-o ladder system :)

Best,
Becca

Disposing of brackets post haste...
Or take up swimming off the boat. NOT a safety mob feature... afun feature

Becca

Sorry California!

PacNW not the best for swim excursions unless you are this guy (zoom to end of dock)
:egrin:

Attachments

• no swim ladder required.jpg
    no swim ladder required.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 214

markvone

Sustaining Member
Here it is in action

Becca,

I have the same setup just on starboard only. I really like the ladder. It's sturdy and all plastic so no rust. Mine was made by TaylorMade. I have looked, but I haven't found a new version searching online. I also like not having a ladder on the transom all the time, not that one would work on the E36RH anyway. Boarding from mid-ship is much better than the transom in wavy conditions too. If you still have the ladder, I would consider looking for the fitting or just using one side. Here are some pictures of mine.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2143.jpg