• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Where is YOUR inside HIN located?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In trying to better understand the factory ID info that Sean's thread on documentation has been garnering, it would be helpful to confirm where the "hidden" inside HIN code is at on other models. The O-34 has it imprinted on the aft berth molding under the aft corner of the mattress/cushion. So it is way back in the rear and toward the center teak bulkhead. Not really 'hidden', but hard to find until you know where to look.

I have heard of of EY models with it imprinted somewhere on the TAFG in the engine compartment.
Please let me know where you found yours.
It will look identical to the one molded into the upper starboard corner of your transom. (Or wherever yours is located on the transom)

Thanks Much!!

driftless

Member III
Blogs Author
other information, is there a label, a print with Ericson 38 -200 written on it?
It doesn't specifically say "Ericson 38-200" anywhere on the boat that I know about.

I can try to get a better picture of the shower sump in relation to the rest of the boat when I'm up there this coming weekend. This is what you see when you lift the access plate in the sole of the boat:Shower Sump HIN.PNG
This is a photo from my pre-purchase survey. It's much cleaner now. :egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It doesn't specifically say "Ericson 38-200" anywhere on the boat that I know about.
The first part that reads "ERY38" is the basic identification. Note that from the first model 38 molded out in 1979 to the last of the PSC builds in about 1997, the hull stayed the same and the deck mold and interior changed. (There could have been some changes in the hull too, but I believe that they were minor. If Martin checks in he will know a lot more about that.)