Windows

Captnemo8

Captnemo8
I recently purchased a 72 35-2 and one of the things needing repair are the windows. Some are so corroded I dont think I could even get them apart without destroying them. Where can i get replacements?
Steve :esad:

ralph roddam

Member I
just about impossible to find mid sevevties frames for the 35-2,they work on a tape contact from frame to cabin.suggest replce with another design.

Lucky Dog

Member III
someone post this last week from Long Beach (I think) was parting out a E29. A couple of weeks ago there was another posting of a boat being parted out in Seattle. Perhaps they have the frames. I am working on making my own that will open and will use the frames to re-weld and make square port for above the sink.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Bomon(not bomar) can make you custom portlights. They built some for me and they did a great job.

Captnemo8

Captnemo8
Thanks for the info.... Just once I wish someone would say " Ericson oh yes everything you need is right here " LOL:egrin:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Don't be too discouraged Capt. Most everything you need for an Ericson is readily avaible from third party suppliers(either OEM or a newer replacement). Where do you think Catalina gets their stuff? They do not make each and every component. I have also heard of problems getting parts for older Catalines and Hunters.

The only part that I needed that I could not get was the original rubrail for my 35-3. You could have it custom made or find a replacement that is similar though.