xantrex linklite battery monitor

juneausailin

Member II
LinkLite alarm relay

Hi, I have the linkLite as well.. so far so good.. Am trying to hook up the alarm relay with no luck so far. has anyone got this working?

I would think the two alarm terminals would be positive, connect to an alarm buzzer or the likes and then the other side of the buzzer would be connected to ground. When a fault is found I would think the alarm relay circuit would be closed and the alarm would sound... no such luck so far..

Any insights?

I put the linklite in my E38 last summer. Did my own harness. Pretty easy.
I use it to monitor two banks but I'm curious about the comment that it does one bank more accurately.
It reads one bank perfectly but the second is "auxilliary" and all I get is percent of charge. Sounds like that's the way it's supposed to be.
The instructions/manual are pathetic.
But it's definitely helped me manage the batteries and find a ground fault.
I'm happy with it.

Stu Jackson

C34IA Secretary
I have a Link 2000 that has been operating flawlessly for many years.

The Link Lite and Victron do the same things. Maine Sail's report is simple: the Victron is easier to install with less wires and comes complete, while Xantrex either sells the separate wiring at a ridiculously high cost or you have to make up your own.

Yes, you DO have to "program" your new monitor BEYOND only the amp hour capacity of your bank(s). In ALL electronic equipment, the designers chose DEFAULT values for many of the parameters.

To understand this better, try this very long, but detailed thread, the "Gotcha" algorithm:

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4922.0.html

Please note that if you don't understand the instructions that come with the LinkLite, download and read the Link 2000 manual from the Xantrex website, which explains it all in much better detail.

There's also Maine Sail's great writeup: http://forums.catalina.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?t=125606

My Link 2000 monitors both banks completely. Some monitors provide complete amp hour monitoring for only one bank and voltage only for the second bank. As MS writes, this is fine for a large house bank that you NEED to monitor, while only needing to check voltage on the reserve bank which should always be almost completely full.

Last edited:

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Hi, I have the linkLite as well.. so far so good.. Am trying to hook up the alarm relay with no luck so far. has anyone got this working?

I would think the two alarm terminals would be positive, connect to an alarm buzzer or the likes and then the other side of the buzzer would be connected to ground. When a fault is found I would think the alarm relay circuit would be closed and the alarm would sound... no such luck so far..

Any insights?

I strongly suspect that you are dealing with just a single set of independent contacts and that you have to supply both the positive source and the ground. Function F10 determines if the contacts are NO or NC with the default setting Normally Open.

I just found an installation guide and it verifies my thoughts. The max ratings are 60 volts and 1 amp.

The operation is not the same as my old Link monitor.