• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1972 Ericson 27 for sale, $1500, Hull #235

JohnEQ

1972 Ericson 27 for sale, $1500, Hull #235

Following a confluence of minor personal, fiscal and time crises, I’m selling my Ericson and downgrading my boating ambitions. I do not have the time or money to continue with the project, and she is admittedly a project boat. I started on the road to do a complete renovation, including repair of a section of delaminated side deck. Consequently, I stripped her almost completely clean and all gear and the entire interior is in my basement. The Ericson is a fine, seaworthy design and I was extremely happy with her performance and comfort under sail. I could only wish that my time and money resources were able to keep pace with my sailing ambitions. I, of course, have far more money invested than I will ever get out of her. The components included are worth more than the asking price and I’m only recouping my last transport and storage fees. She is on the hard in a storage yard in Ipswich, MA.

The inventory:
1. Atomic 4, good working condition.
2. New-in-box Raritan PH-II head
3. New 16 gal. Fuel tank
4. (2) new Anderson ST40 winches, (Yep, ST40, I’m into overkill)
5. Complete interior, in original cloth.
6. (2) brand new tillers.
7. (5) Brownell jack stands
8. Standing rigging, only used 1 year
9. A couple of sets of ground tackle, (2) 13# Danforths with chain and rope rode and 22# storm anchor, no rode.
10. Harken roller furling headsail
11. 150% genoa, good condition.
12. Jib, good condition
13. Storm jib, good condition
14. Mainsail, functional but tired
15. Fresh water and holding tanks.
16. Drifter, which I’ve never had out of the bag.

Major opportunities for improvement:
1. The port side deck is currently cut open and in the midst of being repaired.
2. The bulkhead on port behind the galley is in need of repair because of the leak in the port side deck.

For further details, please contact me at Ericson27@nakedturtle.us, I’d be happy to RSVP with phone number for a real conversation.

Fair winds,
John

sleather

Sustaining Member
John, Good luck in your sale. I sincerely HOPE you can find an enthusiast that's willing to bring her back to operational condition rather than "part-her-out". Life's not fair sometimes.:esad: