• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2022 Ericson PNW Rendezvous, Genoa Bay July 22-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Today, the Government of Canada announced that effective April 1, 2022 at 12:01 AM EDT, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer need to provide a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter Canada by air, land or water.
By Odin, that's the best news so far this morning, well, other than waking up again!
:)

We are already looking forward to some boat visiting during 'happy hour.' :egrin:
And, I found an illustration showing our ancestors heading for a Rendezvous...

Attachments

• Ericson's heading to Rendezvous.jpeg
    Ericson's heading to Rendezvous.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ajeffery

Looking forward to this!
It might be a long shot, but I would personally love to hear Christian Williams speak; I wonder if he’d be willing to come up from California…

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Looking forward to this!
It might be a long shot, but I would personally love to hear Christian Williams speak; I wonder if he’d be willing to come up from California…
Yes, that would be great! I wonder if we could start a collection, like Sean's annual fundraiser, to pay for his flight. Even better if he could sail here - - it's a world class sailing area with beautiful anchorages in the Gulf Islands and then north a bit to Desolation Sound and the Discovery Islands.
Frank

Ajeffery

Yes, that would be great! I wonder if we could start a collection, like Sean's annual fundraiser, to pay for his flight. Even better if he could sail here - - it's a world class sailing area with beautiful anchorages in the Gulf Islands and then north a bit to Desolation Sound and the Discovery Islands.
Frank
True. He may have had Van Isle on his bucket list. I could ask if he’s interested if the organizers are ok with this.

Ajeffery

Response from Christian Williams:

HI Andrew,

Thanks for the invitation, I considered coming up in the pre-Covid world, and it is still a possibility this year. Lovely place to visit and we'd certainly like to. I won't know till the last minute whether we can actually do it. Airfare not an issue. Put me on the maybe list.

Cheers,
Christian

Folks, I work at Raven Marine in Sidney. I may be able to arrange a guest speaker on either mechanical, electrical or rigging.
And my trade is canvas and upholstery.
I will ask around and get back to the group.

on my end I would love to learn more about possible diesel alternatives to our old pressurized alcohol stove..

kevin
Hi Kevin, checking in to see if you had any luck?

Hello from Victoria!

We are starting the count down for the 2020-21-22 Ericson Pacific NW Rendezvous!

The planning is underway and I wanted to check in to confirm attendees. I have six boats who have indicated (in the chat) they have booked ? If you have booked or are planning to book, please let me know even if it is tentative.

Eden - Shannon & Doran - reserved
Swallow - Virginia - reserved
Quincy - Jim - reserved
Fresh Air - Loren - reserved
Morning Mist - Frank - reserved
Brass Dragon - David - reserved
Christian Williams - maybe
Andrew - *not sure if you are booked
Kamell - Kevin *not sure if you are booked

I am also looking for a couple of people to meet via zoom for a planning meeting. If you are interested, let me know by responding here or sending me a message via email. I will set up a call at the end of May. Also if you have a skill you would be willing to share, please let me know.

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and talking all things sailing.

Warm regards,
Shannon

Last edited:

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Hello from Victoria!

We are starting the count down for the 2020-21-22 Ericson Pacific NW Rendezvous!

The planning is underway and I wanted to check in to confirm attendees. I have six boats who have indicated (in the chat) they have booked ? If you have booked or are planning to book, please let me know even if it is tentative.

Eden - Shannon & Doran - reserved
Swallow - Virginia - reserved
Quincy - Jim - reserved
Fresh Air - Loren - reserved
Morning Mist - Frank - reserved
Brass Dragon - David - reserved
Christian Williams - maybe
Andrew - *not sure if you are booked
Kamell - Kevin *not sure if you are booked

I am also looking for a couple of people to meet via zoom for a planning meeting. If you are interested, let me know by responding here or sending me a message via email. I will set up a call at the end of May. Also if you have a skill you would be willing to share, please let me know.

I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and talking all things sailing.

Warm regards,
Shannon
We’ve booked, let me know the info for planning meeting on zoom and we’d be happy to help.
Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One little thought about attending. Pare down your project list to the essential safety items, and leave some of the cosmetic stuff on your 'list' until fall. If you want to wait until your boat is 100% ready and pretty, you will never leave your dock....
Bring the boat!

Just Do It, as the large running shoe company used to say in their colorful ads.
:)

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I will try to get there, but my summer is pretty uncertain right now. Actually I’m in the process of “moving aboard” and will promptly head north, if there is enough of the season left. Not really sure how long it will take to get disentangled from shore. And the boat could really use another haul-out…

I will try to get there, but my summer is pretty uncertain right now. Actually I’m in the process of “moving aboard” and will promptly head north, if there is enough of the season left. Not really sure how long it will take to get disentangled from shore. And the boat could really use another haul-out…
Awesome! We will put you down as tentative. Let us know once the date gets a bit closer

Status
Not open for further replies.