• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

48VDC Anchor Windlass

gadangit

Member III
I haven't seen a 48VDC anchor windlass offered by any manufacturer, does anyone know of one? Most offer a 24VDC windlass.

My second question: seeing how this is a relatively infrequently and intermittently used system, can I violate all the rules and pick off 24VDC off my 48VDC plant? Can I mitigate any extra isolated battery degradation by switching between what batteries in the string are on windlass duty, say every 6 months.

I can reduce a lot of extra pieces and parts if I can utilize my 48VDC plant somehow.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Chris and Lisa,

You could get a 48 volt DC to 24 volt DC converter. That way you would be pulling from the entire bank. I think your batteries would get out of balance pretty quickly if you try to use just a couple of batteries at a time.

Probably pricey for one that will supply high amps.

Last edited:

gadangit

Member III
Hi Chris and Lisa,

You could get a 48 volt DC to 24 volt DC converter. That way you would be pulling from the entire bank. I think your batteries would get out of balance pretty quickly if you try to use just a couple of batteries at a time.

Hi Mark-
I did some poking around and can't find a 48VDC to 24VDC converter that can handle say 50A of full windlass load. You know of any? That would be the perfect solution for sure.

Chris