84 33 Holland

jeff w

A one owner .well kept 33 Holland is coming up for sale in my area.
Since these are rare ,anyone have a WAG current market value? Almost unheard of on Gulf Coast and have been impressed with Seth and owners comments on this model.
Owner starting at 40k ask
TIA

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Price

Unless it has lots of new hi tech sails and electronics, 30 seems closer to reality. Fairly good boat, but the 36 is better all aound if you can find one-they are seen in the 30's as well, from what I hear. If you sail in a windy area, it is sill a fine cruiser (just reduce sail), but for racing in heavy air you will be frustrated with it sailing upwind..

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Jeff,
Where is the boat? Any contact info or photos to share? If not already a lurker here, do have the owner log in.

I would hazzard a guess for the "low thirties." Of course, condition is everything. Given the age, one would have to know how old the current standing and running rigging is, engine hours and history, and a host of other maint. questions.

Loren in PDX

Last edited:

CaptnNero

Accelerant
Jeff,
Where is the boat? Any contact info or photos to share? If not already a lurker here, do have the owner log in.

I would hazzard a guess for the "low thirties." Of course, condition is everything. Given the age, one would have to know how old the current standing and running rigging is, engine hours and history, and a host of other maint. questions.

Loren in PDX

From where I stand you and Seth seem to be on target. ;) ;)

dcoyle

Member III
I purchased a 82 E33 in June 2003 in great shape from a friend before it listed with broker. I paid $37k which was at the higher end according to the surveyor. He was able to justify that amount though. Most of the comps he pulled up were in the high 20`s to low 30`s. If the boat went to the broker he was going to list it at $42k since that was the price of the latest one sold when I was looking. I am having a blast sailing her as a cruiser and starting to club race.

P Abele

Member II
We have owned an E33 for 6 seaons now and love the boat. She is the perfect blend of cruising and racing and we still are involved in both very actively. While racinge we routonely beat much newer and more modern boats (a couple of C&C99's in particuar) and have earned our share of trophies.
As to values of this boat, as others have mentioned it has a huge amount to do with condition and maintenance / upkeep for a boat of this age. Also extras like a cradle, winter cover, and others should impact the overall price. Not that it means much now, but we paid about $40K and have added a bunch since and are hopeful that we could get most of that back if we were to sell tomorrow.