• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Adding light fixtures - where to get them?

Andrew Means

Member III
I've decided I'd like to add an additional light fixture on each side of the boat, and ideally I'd like to keep the same style as I currently have (the "soap bar" style that I think pretty much everyone's boat has)

302360_2530003247964_1189950728_33105818_1972502139_n.jpg

Where can I buy them? Does anybody have any spares?

Glyn Judson

Where can I get the same interior lights?

Andrew, I hate to be the one to break this to you but that style is long out of production. Ironically, Airstream trailers used that same light and a mating, rectangular overhead one in the late 1960's. That's where I got two of mine, from other Airstream owners for the head and hanging locker in our 1969 Airstream Caravel. I also did what you are proposing in our E25+ and got my "soap bar" fixtures from a friend who removed them from his mid 1970's E27. Post a shout out to this list to see if anyone can dig up a pair or more for your project. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I've been wanting to get rid of mine for years, and I'm shopping for replacements now. I think I have two of the type depicted in your photo, and 5 square overhead lights. What is your timeframe?

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
E-28 Redo

I'd also be interested in them. I'm redoing the inside of my 81' E-28+. Both the soapbar and square overhead lights have broken lenses. Would like to stick with the original look.

Al Frakes
Port Kent, NY

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
What are they worth? I always thought they were butt-ugly and reminiscent of a cheesy motorhome I bought in 1977.

One of my square lenses has a crack on a corner, and another has a chip out of the corner. Neither flaw is visible when mounted to the rear, but they will eventually crack worse and start falling to the sole. They're not excessively brittle, but I think they were abused. The other three squares and two soap bars are in perfect condition (for 34-year-old fixtures).

-mark

Andrew Means

Member III
My timeframe is relatively loose - it's a project I'd like to do *eventually* rather than immediately : ) PM me if you're interested in getting rid of two of the side-mounted ones!