• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Am I the only one [active in northeastern USA]?

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
When I retire and move Discovery (1983 E30+) in the Spring, I'll be at or near Jamestown R.I.
Looking forward to ocean sailing vrs. Chesapeake Bay sailing.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

ChrisG

Member I
Sailors in CT, RI, NY, MA might want to consider the Off Soundings event. Even if you don't race much it is a fun weekend. I spent a few years coming in dead last and I still have a great time. Also a good excuse to visit Block Island in June before it gets crowded.

hlurie

Hi. Our Lune, a 34-2 is here also in Padanaram. Got back yesterday from a week cruising the islands. Are you passing through?
Hey Lune - we're on 39-5 mooring - pretty sure we've seen you in Padanaram; will come by and say hello.

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
I sail out of Old Saybrook CT. I was over at Coecles Harbor last weekend, nice spot. I also participate in Offsoundings although it was cancelled this year. If a gathering is suggested I'll do my best to be there. I have the weekend of Oct 3rd open if anyone is interested in a common cruising destination.

Chris
Shearwater
E38-200 #298
We did Coecles Harbor on July 4th weekend, beautiful there. Didn’t get to Block Island this year but also heard reports of it being crazy busy in new harbor great salt pond.

debonAir

Member III
I think I circled Lune when I dipped my E35 Cat Problem through Padanaram a month or so ago, after spending a month anchored in Vineyard Haven

Roger Janeway

Member II
When I saw this boat sailing along last week near Vinalhaven (Maine), I didn't recognize her as an Ericson at all until I saw the insignia on her mainsail. She's an Ericson 31C, cutter rigged, but with a flush deck and tiny portholes. Ericson 31C Vinalhaven Sept 2020.jpg

Thaddeus

Member II
Hey Lune - we're on 39-5 mooring - pretty sure we've seen you in Padanaram; will come by and say hello.
I have seen your very nice Ericson next to my friend’s Eastbay, “Otter”. They went to the dark side but not too dark. We moved our boat up to Marion last weekend, getting ready to haul her out for the season. But before that happens , this weekend’s destination is Hadley for an overnight just in case you are around.

S. Kane

I am the new owner of a 35-2. I am at Savin Hill YC in Boston MA. We added to the fleet that still includes a racing one design Thunderbird. Whoever accumulated the most toys wins! If anyone is ever visiting Boston, let me know. Sean. Tbrd154@verizon.net.

debonAir

Member III
I am the new owner of a 35-2. I am at Savin Hill YC in Boston MA. We added to the fleet that still includes a racing one design Thunderbird. Whoever accumulated the most toys wins! If anyone is ever visiting Boston, let me know. Sean. Tbrd154@verizon.net.
Is that "Mysterious Ways"? I used to race an S2 7.9 and we'd be near that boat quite often.

S. Kane

We are on our third Thunderbird named Strange Device. Mysterious Ways is also at Savin Hill with a dozen other Thunderbirds. It is a great fleet which I have been a part of since 1995.

Is that "Mysterious Ways"? I used to race an S2 7.9 and we'd be near that boat quite often.

RMX

Member I
Did not see this earlier. Lucia is here in Guilford, CT. I’m game for a rendezvous next season. 3DC4B1D5-2DD6-43AD-AB53-6CE3984BE7D7.jpeg

CTOlsen

Member III
I've been away from this site for a while, and missed this series of posts. We live in Mystic and keep Loki in the area. We are always of for local cruising with fun folks. We also participate in the spring off-soundings, which several others have mentioned. Count us in on local cruising in the future.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I'm watching this forum as I prepare to retire in January and move back to Mass. Discovery (1983 Ericson 30+) will find a new home somewhere near Jamestown R.I. Looking forward to socializing and cruising with other Ericson owners.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Cbuydos

Member I
There is no question that we need to organize some type of gathering in the North East for Ericson owners. Now if we can only get past this pandemic so that we can properly socialize. Time will tell. I have a few good ideas as well as a fun treasure hunt idea in RI area come March to get the blood flowing for the next season. More to come on that based on the state of the pandemic. Last sail of the season this weekend sad to say.

641F0142-95D4-4A0F-AA9B-CD42BD4B3B2F.jpeg

Chris Buydos
Magan
Olson 34