Am I the only one [active in northeastern USA]?

Richard Sigismo

I am in Sayville, NY which is in the Great South Bay. I sail a 1988 Ericson 26 that I've owned for 33 years. It's gotten a bit old and tired (I wonder how that happened?) but I keep trying to find resources to help me bring it back to its old status. I remember when the Shelter Island rendezvous was. I was not able to make it and regretted not getting a chance to meet more of you and see other Ericsons, but would consider traveling to one in the future if it wasn't too far.
Rich Sigismondi
Popeye
1987 Ericson 26
Sayville Yacht Club

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
On my way to the Chesapeake Bay this weekend, I will be passing 40 miles off the Atlantic side of Long Island, I will wave to all you Ericson New Yorkers as I go by. Actually, I will be dropping into Shinnecock after leaving Portsmouth, Rhode Island.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
On my way to the Chesapeake Bay this weekend, I will be passing 40 miles off the Atlantic side of Long Island, I will wave to all you Ericson New Yorkers as I go by. Actually, I will be dropping into Shinnecock after leaving Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
Safe travels, Mark.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Safe travels, Mark!
Frank

AK67

Member II
Safe passage to you and your wife, Mark! Forecast looks decent off LI with some building seas at the end of the weekend, with winds shifting from S to NW then N, winds. https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=OKX&issuedby=OKX&product=CWF Keep us posted and holler if you need anything!

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Looking at decent weather and wind all weekend, expect to be in Barneget Bay Mid-Tuesday. A long rest before heading to Cape May, up Delaware Bay, cross the canal and into the upper Chesapeake. Time to contemplate life, enjoy mid-night diamonds on the water, and reminisce. The Rappahannock, Deltaville, and Stingray point marina are calling. Leaving Saturday with the tide.