• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Broken Gear Repair by Brazing

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'm sorry to link to this and have no excuse.

Wait--perhaps we will strip the steering gear and need a repair, and to know what's involved.

Wait--perhaps everyone else already knows how to do this, and is not surprised by the slight mandrell wobble at minute 37?

Wait--it could be that understanding how stuff in the world gets done has some intrinsic psychological value in and of itself. Or maybe not.

Wait--dinner's ready.

Be there in a minute, hon !

Last edited:

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I would miss dinner for this one....facinating, absolutely fascinating. I have been an amateur tig welder for 15 years as a hobbiest, but never used a brazing rod...much less have access to this unbelievable ultra machinist equipment that required decades of experience that this gentleman obviously has. Cannot thank you enough Christian. Going to watch it again! Beautiful!!!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I believe that this guy repaired the threading machine for Leo and was in a video about it.

Fun to watch! Also brings back memories of small brazing projects that done by the millwrights as favors for my electrician father in his mill maintenance years.