• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Builders plate

Lucky Dog

Member III
Building Plate costs

It appears that we have tow different plates to choose from.

If we make a generic plate and get at least 25 request the cost will be twenty dollars each. With hopes that ten of each will go to help with the costs of this web site. (though I haven't talked to anyone about that)

At that cost the plate would be made of brass looking plastic.

The metals ones would cost a lot more and I am told the image will wear off,

The type is to small for my CNC.

I am open to any one having other resources. I can send a pdf file or not.

ml

Attachments

• Builder's plate5.jpg
    Builder's plate5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 255

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Sign me up for a number one. If a metal version comes out I'll buy one of those too and put the plastic one belowdecks!

To my eye there could be a few pixels more space between the line that says "Since 1964" and "ERICSON". Perhaps all the text below ERICSON would also have to slide down a few nudges.

Also, perhaps "ERICSON YACHTS" could be blue like the logo (and, it appears, like the original).

These are nitpicks.

SurabyaKid

Member III
Sign me up for a generic version as well.

Thanks again for all your efforts !!

Post a message on how you would like this paid?? Paypal??

Pat

Mindscape

Member III
A number one as well

Sign me up for a number 1 generic as well....just let me know the payment details.

Lucky Dog

Member III
7 and counting

Just a thought..my wife always rolls her eyes and sits down when she hears that.

Some of you mention keeping the plate inside, would it look better is it was made of wood?

I change the spacing a bit more and post the camera ready for final approval.

I am checking into setting up paypal? New waters to me.

ml

Lucky Dog

Member III
Final version?

Any changes speak/text soon.

Wood?

or

Plastic?

ml

Attachments

• builders plate v6.jpg
    builders plate v6.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 226

SurabyaKid

Member III
I think the brass or bronze finish is the way to go....esp since I will be mounting it in the original position which is teak.

Thanks again Mark.

Pat

dwigle

Member III
I'm in

Metal would be nice, but plastic will have to do. I'm in for #2, mostly because I had trouble getting on the internet in 1980 when Wiggle Room was built.

Don Wigle
E38 #8
Pt. Richmond, CA

BTW Lucky Dog, thanks for the tourist info. We stayed a block away from Portillio's and ate there a couple of times. The Italian beef was great.

Guy Stevens

I am having a patern made

I am having a pattern made, and will try out some solid bronze casting options.

I am hoping to have it in hand and cast the first trial at the end of the month.

Lucky Dog

Member III
Builder plate in bronze

That would be great. Are you using petrobond sand. I have a little I used for making miniature fire plugs and golf trophy for our local fire department. I have hard time getting the correct draft when is is so small, and i have access to a RPM.

Sounds like this is best way to go.

ml

Lucky Dog

Member III
Portillio's in Chicago

BTW Lucky Dog, thanks for the tourist info. We stayed a block away from Portillio's and ate there a couple of times. The Italian beef was great.[/QUOTE]

They are the best, we going down there this weekend and always find time to stop there. glad I could help.

ml

Guy Stevens

That would be great. Are you using petrobond sand. I have a little I used for making miniature fire plugs and golf trophy for our local fire department. I have hard time getting the correct draft when is is so small, and i have access to a RPM.

Sounds like this is best way to go.

ml

We have three tech trees that we use.
The first is petrobond sand, and sand casting. Good for about 70% of everything that we do.
The second is green sand and waterglass with a co2 tank. That covers about another 10% or so.
Then we have a full on investment casting system complete with a vacuum table, a kiln, and the rest.. Which covers the other 20% or so.

Having something RPM'd with the correct draft would be great.

Bill Upchurch

Member II
Sounds great. Please put me down for Bronze or Brass either number one or two-- If number two wins out my info is 35II Hull #203.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Mindscape

Member III
I'm in! Thanks Lucky Dog and Guy

Lucky Dog and Guy - thanks to you both for your efforts. I'm in for one plate assuming the end results work out. It's amazing to me that you guys can make this stuff.