E25+

E25+Thru Hull's

Hi I am a new owner of a 1983 E25+. I have a number of issue's with the boat that I am working my way thru. One of these is what maintainence do i need to do on the the 6 thru hull's. I think the plastic valve's are the original's. Thus far I have only operated the engine intake valve when I winterized (antifreeze) the engine. What do you old Salts recomend I do to these valves prior to launch in the spring.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"getting a handle on the problem..."

You may want to look at the current thread on thru hulls in the Maint. & Mech. Forum.
Also, put any of the key words, like 'through hull' or 'thru hull' into the excellent search engine on this site. (Icon on upper right part of screen).

Lots of good info and pictures. Also look at Projects section on this site....

As to glassing in the hole where a transducer used to be... There is a good manual available from West Systems Epoxy, AFAIK, that covers this and many related questions. The hardest part is grinding back the edges to an 8 or 12 to 1 taper.

Best,
Loren in Portland, OR
:cool:

rssailor

Thru hull maintenance

Richard,

If the valves and thru hulls are in good condition, then just lube the balls inside the valves with lanacote made by forespar and your ready to go. If not, then replace as neccasary with forespar marlon ball valves and thru hulls if you prefer plastic. If not go with good quality bronze thru hulls and ball valves. Good luck. Ericson 25+ sail boats are great. I love mine a lot and sail her lots in San Francisco. Mine is an outboard model, but my Yamaha 9.9 saildrive outboard out motors most thirty footers with the boat being able to do 6.0 to 6.5 knots over the bottom. Have fun and enjoy once you get back in the water. Ryan