E28 1986 #620 getting some upgrades

FullTilt E28

Member III
New stove is great!!

Ok so the nonpressurized stove is light years better than the flame thrower we had. Even had pancakes and eggs on the very first use.

The final dimentions are slightly smaller than the original Kenyon two burner - about 1/2 inch shorter lengthwise and about 3 inches shorter width wise - and about the same depth. So I'm working on a filler that will match the finished wood in the cabin to fill the hole/space left etc.

Go - nonpressurized!! and don't pay the listed prices I talked them down $40 on the new stove.

FullTilt E28

Member III
Ok boom upgrade note

I now have an old broken Express 27 mast in the garage ie Ballenger spar. $60 plug with hounds that match up with the Standard Kenyon bolt ie boom gooseneck. The old boom is now in the garage too. Next few weeks will be building up the new boom. Couple of things I will be moving the aft most center sheeting block on the boom back another 10+ inches to help spread the load. The new boom ie broken mast was beefed up with riveted alum internally which should make it 100% strong enough for the center sheeting loads and SF Bay winds. The old Kenyon boom section is smaller than what I'm replacing with but weight isn't all that different.

Reefing lines - I'm still sorting those out would like to go internal but spacing for the sheeves in the boom section might prove to be a challenge. So going to peek at the Olson 30s to see how they are set up given this boom is essentially the same as what they run with.

1st baby on the way due in July so the boom project will be my escape from changing dirty dipers during my time off from work.

Should be noted the old boom is bent at the boomvang point - and bent at the main sheeting location along with being bent sideways ha ha. I think we got the most life out of it as possible without breaking it.