• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E31 nav station/quarter berth

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I've read that the 31 has "a clever fold away chart table" to expose a quarter berth. Is this true and does someone have a photo or two of the clever design?
Thanks

David Vaughn

Member II
Blogs Author
Our 31 Independence does not have a quarter berth. There is a small storage shelf under the chart table, but aft of that bulkhead is occupied by the starboard cockpit locker and diesel tank. I think I recall reading some of the 31 Cruising versions had the layout you're asking about.

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks David,
I thought I had seen a photo quarter berth on an E31 years ago. Recently read about the "clever" design and it piqued my interest. :)

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
My 31 has the quarter berth. Long ago I got rid of the folding table and replaced it with a fixed dashboard that holds the VHF and HAM radios. The OEM folding contraption /table was too small to actually use a chart on it IMHO.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hey Martin,
Your 31 is probably where I saw the quarter berth. I was looking at an Independence online and went down a rabbit hole looking for a photo of a quarter berth in an E31. Thanks.