• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 Sails in near new condition

j.wood

I have several Ericson 38 sails in almost new condition, all having been used very lightly for only a few weeks/half a season. Purchased for my 1984 Ericson 38 which met with an accident during a storm at the dock. The boat was totaled by the insurance company and the sails were not on the boat when she was hauled away. I did not retain the boat though often wish I had. There are two Mains, one standard rig and on tall rig owing to a mix up when ordering on line, my boat was tall rig. Have purchase orders/ documentation for the new sails, but not the sweeper or the asymetric.

1) Main, tall rig, Doyle loose footed, 3 reef points, full battened (battens missing, but can be replaced by Doyle - they were on the boat)
2) Main, standard rig (long story), Lee sails, full battened, 3 reef points,
3) 135% Genoa, Doyle
4) 135% Sweeper (deck to masthead genoa), Mylar, came with the boat in excellent condition but difficult to handle without good fordeck crew, hence used only three times by me.
5) asymetric spinnaker with ATM sock - purchased with boat, but rarely used and in very good condition.

These are essentially new sails that have been stored in my heated basement for the last four years. Cost to me was over $11000, but I'll take any reasonable offer on any or all sails. Better to see them used than have them cluttering up my storage space, reminding me of my wonderful Ericson.

j.wood

I may be interested in your main sail. I have an Ericson 38-200, it should fit.
marc
Sorry, I've been busy and this kind of fell off the to do list. Which of the two mains are you interested in? Do you have the deep keel, or the shoal keel? Both main's and the 135% Genoa are in essentially new condition. Are you located close enough to Rhode Island to meet up and take a look?

maubin5

Member I
Hi, no worries :) I have a deep keel and I am also a beginner so not sure what main I would prefer just yet. Unfortunately I live in Seattle and we would have to each other on this one. How much are you thinking just for the either main sails'?

Thanks !

Marc

Aquinomas

I have several Ericson 38 sails in almost new condition, all having been used very lightly for only a few weeks/half a season. Purchased for my 1984 Ericson 38 which met with an accident during a storm at the dock. The boat was totaled by the insurance company and the sails were not on the boat when she was hauled away. I did not retain the boat though often wish I had. There are two Mains, one standard rig and on tall rig owing to a mix up when ordering on line, my boat was tall rig. Have purchase orders/ documentation for the new sails, but not the sweeper or the asymetric.

1) Main, tall rig, Doyle loose footed, 3 reef points, full battened (battens missing, but can be replaced by Doyle - they were on the boat)
2) Main, standard rig (long story), Lee sails, full battened, 3 reef points,
3) 135% Genoa, Doyle
4) 135% Sweeper (deck to masthead genoa), Mylar, came with the boat in excellent condition but difficult to handle without good fordeck crew, hence used only three times by me.
5) asymetric spinnaker with ATM sock - purchased with boat, but rarely used and in very good condition.

These are essentially new sails that have been stored in my heated basement for the last four years. Cost to me was over $11000, but I'll take any reasonable offer on any or all sails. Better to see them used than have them cluttering up my storage space, reminding me of my wonderful Ericson.
Hello, I’m interested in the asymmetric spinnaker if still available.
Ron