• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Easy and Affordable Port Upgrade

dfharris02

My Ericson 38-200 have Size 1 Lewmar Standard Portlights that had become faded and craized due to extended UV exposure. In addition, some of the rubber seals had dried out.

Luckily Lewmar sells replacement gaskets ($16 each) and new portlights (green about $28). I was able to refurbish all of these for the cost of about 1.5:) new portlights.

The whole process took about two hours and wow what a difference. The cabin is lighter, the windows are clear. It's a great and easy face lift.

David

Willpatten

Member II
Ports

That's fantastic. What year is your 38-200? Where did you get the replacements? I have a '90 and the ports are as crazed as I am.

dfharris02

Crazed Ports

Lewmar sells them. My E 38-200 is a 1988. I ordered them through Svendsens Marine in Alameda California. Please note that they come in either gray or green. The 1988 model had green portlights. They look fantastic.

Here's the exact ordering information::)

<FORM id=logstat name=info action=select5.asp method=post><INPUT id=logstat type=hidden value=in name=logstat>Size 1 Old Standard Portlight
Item No 3

<TABLE borderColor=#990000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=350 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width=100 bgColor=#eeeeee>Description</TD><INPUT id=itemno type=hidden value=3 name=itemno> <!--<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">Acrylic</td>--><TD bgColor=#ffffff>Acrylic</TD></TR><TR><TD width=100 bgColor=#eeeeee>Variations</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff><SELECT onchange=javascript:reload() size=1 name=variation> <OPTION selected>-Select Variation-</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>Grey</OPTION> <OPTION value=1>Green</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Clear</OPTION></SELECT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE borderColor=#990000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=350 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100 bgColor=#eeeeee>Variation</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff>Green</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100 bgColor=#eeeeee>Part Number</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff>360016499</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#eeeeee>Total Number In Product</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff> 1</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#eeeeee>Packed</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff> 1</TD></TR><!--<tr> <td bgcolor="#EEEEEE" valign="top">Drawing</td> <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">B5504_3</td> </tr>--><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#eeeeee>Notes</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff>For Opening Version Only.</TD></TR><!-- <tr> <td bgcolor="#EEEEEE" valign="top">Weight (kg)</td> <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#EEEEEE" valign="top">Expected
Lead Time</td> <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">Expected despatch in under 28 days</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#EEEEEE" valign="top">Retail Price (GBP)</td> <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">&nbsp </td> </tr>--></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- <input type="text" size="4" name="qty" id="qty" value="1"> /********** below contact/contacts.asp was contacts/default.asp-->For details of how to order contact
your nearest Lewmar Distributor

Close </FORM><FORM id=add2cart name=add2cart action=../../shop/additem.asp method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=hidqty> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=350 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

saildog

Lewmar ports and hatches

You can also try Select Plastics, they are an authorized Lewmar installer of replacement lenses in hatches and ports. I had mine and a friends hatches done a couple years ago and I think it was half the cost of a new hatch.
www.selectplastics.com I thinkl.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
There is a Lewmar portlight and hatch repair article in the Specs and Docs section of this site.
Labeled:
"Update & Repair of Lewmar Hatches. From www.YachtingMontly.com, August 2003."

It is a reasonably good scan, two page article.

Loren

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Select Plastics

I talked to Select Plastics last week about my series 60 Lewmar hatch. They wanted $400 to replace the lens, plus $40 to replace the bad hinge parts, plus shipping, plus the risk of broken welds under the hinges. A new hatch seemed like a no brainer.

YMMV