Ericson 30

richfriend

I recently became the owner of Ericson 30 #123 which has been on the hard for several years, and was sold for storage charges.

#123 does not currently have a potable water tank in it, and from my inspection, never did. Although that seems unusual for a 30' SV, I guess it is possible.

Can anyone tell me what the original location was for a water tank on this boat? The current configuration is head to port with hanging locker to starboard, a holding tank for the head under the V-Berth to port.

Thanks
Richard Friend

richfriend

Water Tank

Thanks for the reply. I had looked at them and none seem to give info about water tanks, etc. I have some original brochures and paperwork, and as soon as it dries out I will scan it and get it on the board.

Richard Friend

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Richard,
Although they may have changed over time, on my 1984 Ericson 30+, which is the successor to the older Ericson 30, the standard water tank is under the starboard cushions in the main salon (not the cockpit), and there is an optional one under the V-berth, in front of the holding tank.
I hope that helps.
Frank

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Richard, It would help to know what year.
If yours is a "mark one" from the 60's it is a completely different boat than the later Bruce King designed E-30 models (E-30-2 and the E-30+).
You may just have to pioneer a location for the tank, glass in some supports and install a Ronco tank, route some tubing and install a pump.. etc...

Sidebar: If it is a Mk 1 model, there are a couple for sale on Yachtworld right now with a bunch of pics in each listing. Here is a link to one of them:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...rency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=70912&url=

Best,
Loren

Last edited:

richfriend

Mark I

Sorry for the paucity of information. It is a 1969 Ericson 30 Mark I. There is no hull number on it and it was assigned a Rhode Island homebuilt number when it was titled here in RI. It is, however, hull #123. Several of the pieces of teak trim are marked on the back with that information.

The boat is in remarkably good condition for its age and lack of maintenance for the past 3-4 years. It will be back in the water in several weeks, and I'm sure will be happier there than on the hard.

Richard Friend

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It is a 1969 Ericson 30 Mark I. There is no hull number on it and it was assigned a Rhode Island homebuilt number when it was titled here in RI. It is, however, hull #123. Several of the pieces of teak trim are marked on the back with that information.
<snip>
Richard Friend

I just had to share the info that as of 1988, when they bult out the interior of my boat, someone wrote "O-34 #8" on the back of some cabin sole pieces, and several other bits of larger trim/covers that must have had a trip through the Ericson cabinet shop.

The presumption is that they always did this as a common sense idea to keep track of parts for a variety of boats being built out at the same time.
Thanks for sharing.
:egrin:

As to the lack of a HIN, I believe that this federal requirement didn't happen until a year or two later than your production date.

Loren in PDX
(Ericson Yachts) Olson 34 #8

JORGE

Member III
E32 fresh water tank

my E32-2 1971,had a SS 20gal(?) tank with a shurflo pump centered under the V berth.

this is all at home now since I've been refurbing everything,I plan on cutting a port into the tank, cleaning it out, then using the water for general hygiene not drinking.
Soon, I'll be installing a saltwater washdown,which hooked to the thruhull under V-berth, it will also pump to both sinks, which drain back into the ocean
(gull make party)