increase capicity. I need to find out the spec's or a manufacture that
will produce it the tank !!! Hathanger

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Waste Tank material & sourcing...

http://www.ronco-plastics.com/
This company supplied the holding (and also both water tanks) for my '88 Olson. They probably have the largest selection in the industry.
For a holding tank, all of the experts seem to advise against SS or aluminum. The chemicals in human waste are quite corrosive.
:(
Either find a "perfect sized" roto-molded plastic tank from a constructor like Ronco, or fab up your own with epoxy and roving, would be my suggestion.
Plan C would be to have a custom plastic tank made up by a local fabricator using hot air welding methods.

Best,
Loren in PDX

chrism

Inactive Member
Chip- I'm the one that replied to your Sailnet email...

If you didn't find the page I was talking about, this is a quote from Seans page...

"When ordering the new holding tank, be careful to order the model without the wing. The new design (B192, from Ronco Plastics) has no wing, and you only lose about a gallon of capacity (due to the slope of the hull). The wing was a poor design, subject to failure and cracking. Need we say more?"

You can find the whole thing here - http://www.ericsonyachts.org/owners_projects/projectsfolder/obarquinho_head/obarquinho_head.htm

good luck!

Chris

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
B192

Greetings -

Are we talking about an E35-2 or E35-3? If the 35-3, contact Ronco Plastics as suggested above - order the model B192. That's the hard plastic tank without the wing on it. Have Ronco mount the elbows on it using the butyl rubber - it will hold up far better than anything you can throw at it.

You lose about 1 gallon of capacity, but it protects against cracking at that joint (and you get a nice little place to store stuff for the system). See my article in the projects section about overhauling my sanitation system for more info...

Also - I strongly suggest having Ronco mount a 6" Beckson clear port in it (again, with butyl rubber) - so you can hose out the tank once a year and generally get access for problems, etc. Sounds unpleasant, but the benefits are pretty well documented - and keeps your boat from developing um, 'issues'...

//sse

hathanger

Member II
Ericson 35-3

I guess I have an Ericson 35-3 It's a 1984 and the specs match the 3, but not the 2. All I know is that we love it! Sean, your detailed head replacement was awsome. I'm getting ready to start the same project and your advice really helped. A question though about the venting and size of the tank. Did your vent hose come out the top of the tank or the side? Also didn't the original 35-3 come with a 25 gallon holding tank and is that one available? Would you do anything differant not that the project is all done? Thanks so much. Chip