Ericson 41 Florida - Norway

andrest964

this hull 26 in the early nineties -- in her history she has done extensive short handed cruising and won a lot of races (including 4 boat of the year championships that I know of). One of her previous custodians to me sailed her across the Atlantic (twice there and back)

andrest964

No while I miss her a lot I do not own her anymore -- Some more history from before I owned her -- she caught fire and sank in the slip, I bought her right after this event and restored her and lived on her for 7 years. (all in Florida). I sailed her singled handed by balancing the sails and locking down the rudder - I built her current rudder. which is built to break off progressively if grounded - rudder was designed by OH Rodgers.
"The oil and water leak" .... it has a hollow section in the keel which leaked sea water and had been (previous to me) glassed over -- it started leaking again during my ownership and I glassed over it again .... this might have some residual oil in it and be leaking again - hope this helps

andrest964

I have a lot more pictures if folks are interested -- I sailed her through a tropical depression with winds gusting to 60 kts, she handed like a dream

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am a bit confused. Is this the same hull that started this thread?
Your pictures show a lovely boat under sail, I should add. :)