For Sale E-38

Les

1986 E-38 with model 381 open floor plan [best], fin keel, 32 HP Universal diesel with 3 blade fixed, also 2 blade folding, Full batten main with lazy and jiffiy, 145 genoa, spinniker with pole, storm jib, Harken furling, ST winches,dodger with roll-up awning, cockpit cushions, 3 burner propane stove and oven. Aldor/Barbor refridge, head with shower stall [nice to have] ,interior cushions, sleeps 7, dockside electric with cable and pressure water system, Furuno radar, wind speed/knot/depth/VHF/GPS[hand], CQR with rode,fenders etc., companionway and hatch screens. Interior is all teak, open and light, cockpit is the best to spend time on, boat is a wonderful sailing cruiser [fast]. Excellent condition. Documented. Located in Conn. Asking $75,000.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Les, you might want to add to your user profile -- city and state, if nothing else.
Sounds like you have a nice boat.
Attach a picture if you wish.

Loren

Les

Rbonilla, We bought our Ericson in 1996. We had an 1983 Ericson30+ before that and got "hooked" on the look, sailing, and comfort. We will be getting out of boating and relocating and leaving our second home behind will be painful. If you are familiar with the E-38 interior variations, you will know what the 381 floor plan is like. For us it works the best. Any specific questions about the boat, please ask. No pictures available yet. I just went to a digital camera and the boat is now laid-up for the winter on dry dock. Thanks for reply. Les

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
thanx for the info Les, yes...I am fam. w/the e38 layout (they are nice :) )

do you have a recent survey? maybe you could just snail mail me info, once you get it ... list of sails, equipment, etc. a few photos would be great ...

thanx !!

richard bonilla
201 cheyenne drive
berthoud, co 80513
richard@bonilla.com
www.richard.bonilla.com

Les

Additional Info

Sails are made by North Sails, full batten main, 145 Genoa with foam luff, genoa with pole, storm jib, Harken furling. Fin Keel [6.5 feet], Lines lead aft to cockpit. Sails are original and in good condition. Universal engine is great. Newer cabin sole. This interior does not have the game table with facing single seats across from the dinette and the nav station does not have the pull screen to enclose the quater berth. Both of these features were common to the E-38. The 381 has a full settee across from the dinette and no eclosure at the nav station. If you see the boat and are interested in purchasing, I have a survey from a few years back that I could provide. Will be happy to answer any specific questions you have Thanks, Les

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Subjectively speaking, I like the nav desk orientation and main cabin settee best in that version...
Lucky for me your boat is not located in Portland, OR, or the Admiral would be dragging me over for a walk-through!

Good Luck,

Loren

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Thanx Les for the info ... Is she in the water now, or "high and dry"?