Fund Raising 2022-2023

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Well, it's already the end of the year again! Apologies to my not having already put this out here. We've been a bit pushed at our house, spending lots of time on the east coast with relatives who needed us there, etc. But, we got back to Seattle just a couple of days ago, right before the big storm; but we're all set for the holidays...so all's well!

I hope this find you and your family doing well. This has been quite the momentous year, and while lots of things have been changing, EY.o, having already been here 21 years, is here for the long haul. As you know, this site is supported entirely by it's membership. Once a year we seek to raise funds for the site, to help pay the hosting bill, the software costs and associated expenses. This takes the form of small donations coming from lots of people so that all the bills get paid before New Years. If you would like to participate in this fund raising, please see this link with all the details:

In the last few years we've upgraded the platform and moved to a dedicated server so we can put a new search engine that will improve things dramatically. Unfortunately, with everything that's happened this year, the time needed to do it was not located, I'm not super strong in development, and, a contractor who I had secured to do it bailed out in favor of a larger project.

So - onward to 2023! I will be doing an update/upgrade on the site at some point after the first of the year, and then will continue to pursue the search piece until it's done. We wish all of you a happy, healthy and restful holiday season, and look forward to the coming year with great anticipation and hope.

Happy Holidays, from us to all of you! HolidayLogo_3d_upload.png
//sse

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks for keeping this wonderful site going for all of us! Donation is on its way.
We really enjoyed seeing you and your wife at the rendezvous in Genoa this past summer. Best wishes to you both! :)
Frank

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hey Sean, Thanks for all the effort you put into the website! Just sent a PayPal donation - It's so much easier to donate than it was at the beginning ;-)

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Thanks for all your work keeping this site running. Enjoyed meeting you at Genoa Bay last summer. Donation sent via PayPal.
Enjoy the holidays!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Sean, Thanks for your efforts in keeping this web site going for us “old” and new sailors. Donated via Pay Pal this AM. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

dhill

Member III
Donation made. Thank you very much again Sean, and to all those who keep this site and these conversations going!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2023!

Dave

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Done. This place was easily the most valuable resource I had during my first year of Ericson ownership. Thanks for hosting it Sean, and thanks to all the people for your posts, messages and assistance. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Felicity

Member I
Well, it's already the end of the year again! Apologies to my not having already put this out here. We've been a bit pushed at our house, spending lots of time on the east coast with relatives who needed us there, etc. But, we got back to Seattle just a couple of days ago, right before the big storm; but we're all set for the holidays...so all's well!

I hope this find you and your family doing well. This has been quite the momentous year, and while lots of things have been changing, EY.o, having already been here 21 years, is here for the long haul. As you know, this site is supported entirely by it's membership. Once a year we seek to raise funds for the site, to help pay the hosting bill, the software costs and associated expenses. This takes the form of small donations coming from lots of people so that all the bills get paid before New Years. If you would like to participate in this fund raising, please see this link with all the details:

In the last few years we've upgraded the platform and moved to a dedicated server so we can put a new search engine that will improve things dramatically. Unfortunately, with everything that's happened this year, the time needed to do it was not located, I'm not super strong in development, and, a contractor who I had secured to do it bailed out in favor of a larger project.

So - onward to 2023! I will be doing an update/upgrade on the site at some point after the first of the year, and then will continue to pursue the search piece until it's done. We wish all of you a happy, healthy and restful holiday season, and look forward to the coming year with great anticipation and hope.

Happy Holidays, from us to all of you! View attachment 45412
//sse
Thanks Sean, its a great site and hopefully in 2023 I will find some time to contribute a little more content, since I purchased a 38-200 less than a year ago, and countless upgrades which I have documented. Love the site and community, happy to contribute to its upkeep.