• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fund Raising Season 2020-2021

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Thank you Sean for supporting the site. Yes, I can say that I am one of those whose membership on this site influenced my purchase of an Ericson !

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Greetings! Welcome to Fund Raising Season 2020-2021!

Once a year we ask members to consider supporting this website and it's activities by making a small donation. EricsonYachts.org is not a commercial site, does not charge for the information it disseminates, nor does it depend on third party advertising to pay it's bills. Since 2004 we have made a single annual request for donations, and typically these, in number, have been sufficient to cover the cost of the URL, hosting, software and other associated costs that keep this site running.

This year, I am happy to put out this notice on our new platform on the Xenforo messaging system. For those of you unaware, in January 2020, we shut down for about a week in order to migrate from the old vBulletin software to this platform on Xenforo. After nineteen years on the web, our growth and security requirements had grown to a point where we needed to migrate, and after several years of looking at titles and planned paths of migration, Xenforo was chosen for a host of reasons (see the associated posts on this under the Announcements forum). Happily, working with a very talented developer for assistance in moving the blogs module and other elements, we were able to complete this migration and a week later we were back up on the new system. In reality, it took about two months to get things more or less squared away; looking at the site today, I am happy to report that we are operating at 100% and are fully up to date and secure!

Additionally, I am happy to point out that January 1st, 2021 will mark EricsonYacht.org's 20th Anniversary on the web! Over the years, I have been happily contacted by a number of owners who informed me that their decision to purchase an Ericson hull over another make was influenced by the information and community found on this site. While my involvement in the creating site is a part of this, my gratitude really goes to all of you - the members and moderators - who have made this possible. That is, without the participation and involvement of all of you, this site, the community and information it provides to it's membership would not be possible. It is the simple fact that your participation in this site today helps owners both today and tomorrow in owning and maintaining their Ericson Hull.

Thank you so very much.

Information on EY.o's Donation Policy may be found here:

Best wishes to all of you. Please stay away from others outside your household, wear a mask and stay healthy. We look forward to seeing everyone this time next year!

//sse
Done deal. Keep it running sailor/brother!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi Everyone -

It appears that we have raised sufficient funds, so I am going to go ahead and close the season so you stop seeing the banners, etc.

Thanks very much to everyone who participated - I will be sending out individual thank you notes shortly.

I also very much appreciate all the kind comments about the site and the work that we accomplished this year. It was a long time in coming and I am happy that we are now on the other side, enjoying Xenforo's excellent code and features.

Coming up: The 20th Anniversary of EY.o on Jan 01st!

Happy Holidays everyone. Please stay healthy, wear a mask and stay at home if at all possible. We're getting toward the end of this COVID saga (hopefully), but it would be a shame to lose anyone this late in game because they slack off and let their guard down.

//sse

Hagar2sail

Member III
Blogs Author
Little late, but contributed as well. I am certainly one of the people who was convinced to buy an Ericson because of this wonderful community. Thanks all and happy holidays!

debonAir

Member III
Wow I didn’t see this thread till now. Not much to do on the boat all wrapped up for Winter so visiting here less often. As all the previous posters have pointed out this site is the best place on the internet and is a calming friendly informative forum. Thanks Sean please put my donation towards the next fundraiser. Or beer or boat parts. It’s yours. Happy holidays all.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks you guys....I will have thank you cards going out as soon as I get my main computer back up - the cooling system quit on it and I am waiting for a new pump to arrive from Amazon....

JSM

Member III
We're in.
Sean, thanks much for making this site happen. And thanks to all of you out there for helping me with some of the curve balls that this wonderful boat has throne at me.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
A computer with a liquid cooling system... ?
Yeah, processors have gotten so hot while in use that you either have to have a fan system that sucks tons of air and ends up sounding like a vacuum, or you go to a cold plate/pump and radiator system that uses propylene glycol. I got a new computer last summer in anticipation of ARE testing, but the pump failed right at Christmas, stopping me in my tracks. Like everything else, it's an opportunity to acquire new knowledge; so I ended up learning that they placed the radiator in the wrong configuration, shortening it's life. So now I'm RMAing this pump, etc, etc..... It never ends....