Installing stovetop/oven in an E27

Jarod

Member III
Just wondering if anyone has attempted this on a 27. I think an oven would get a lot of use on my boat if I had one. Obviously some modifications would be necessary to fit one of those Force 10 units from West Marine and I would sacrifice some drawer space....but I find the thought intriguing.

Thanks in advance for any comments

paul culver

Member III
I don't know if they have an oven model but I am extremely happy with my Origo drop-in stove on my E29. They run on alcohol but use a wicking system rather than pressure pumping so they don't flare up. I looked into propane initially but its expensive and the stove/oven units are pretty big for an E29 galley.

--Paul

chuckd

Member I
I've got one

It was installed by the original owner when he bought the boat. We love it, use it all the time. Only issue is that it takes all your drawers away.

Chuck

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Jarod,
You might want to check out the Origo 6000 unit. We have used it for over a decade and are quite happy with it. No pressure, no flare ups, no remote tank, all stainless, robust construction, good quality.
:)
Loren

Emerald

I'll second Loren on liking the Origo 6000. Have the unit with oven and cook top, and very happy with it.

Jarod

Member III
Thanks for the responses. I will take a look at the Origo 6000. I do like the idea of not having to run more lines etc.. for the propane. The only reason I thought about the propane is I already have a dickinson newport (propane) heater onboard. I would still have to add some additional fittings and run an extra line. I suppose it gets down to ...do I want to worry about 3 fuels? I have an atomic 4 (GAS), the heater (propane) and the stove which would be (Alcohol). I will mull it over for a bit I suppose.

Glyn Judson

Propane vs. alcohol for your stove.

Jarod, Another consideration to take into account is that according to ABYC standards and just good common sense, a dedicated line from the propane locker to each appliance is required. It will not suffice to T into an existing line to supply a second appliance. I have two Force 10 appliances aboard and with the propane locker aft and to port, I made a simple manifold inside that locker with two lines then leading to the stove and the heater. Find a local propane shop that will make the second line to length for you. Then make the manifold (T inside the locker) and get an additional fitting to mount through the locker for the second line, and that same shop should have the fitting. If not, you can get one from Seaward Products down here in SoCal, that's where I got mine. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Jarod

Member III
Good point Glyn,

I will ensure it is done to standard. I have my tank mounted outside on the pushpit so the locker isn't an issue, but I will have to put a manifold together if I decide to add the additional appliance.