My beat up E38

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
JohnK,
Congrats on getting Sea Fever fixed! Thats good news. What is the estimated completion time? Can they get you done for this season?

Also, kudos to sticking it to the Insurance/Lawyer weenies! Gotta love video proof.

RT

Kim Schoedel

Member III
A bit off the subject but not too much. It does make a person think about our liability insurance and just what we are and could be liable for. Unfortunately, it could appear that the owners of the other boats were also looking for your insurance companies money pockets. This way the claim would be on yours and not theirs. Hummm.....

Best for all of us to take a second look at our liability coverage and boost it up. The cost to do this is normally low.

JohnK

Member II
You've got that right, Kim. Sadly, in the case of the Bristol 27, the owner had no insurance whatsoever and he and the J/105 owner's insurance co. (Progressive) both would love to have the finger of blame rest on me. That also goes for my boatyard's owners who conveniently lost the evidence (my properly cleated mooring pennants) that their mooring might have been at fault. Truly the only one to blame is Poseidon!

RT - I'm talking with Conanicut's service manager on Friday to go over the repair schedule - stay tuned...

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Congrats John!

Best for all of us to take a second look at our liability coverage and boost it up. The cost to do this is normally low.

Best way to do this is probably to purchase a personal liability policy through the company that has your home and auto. These are commonly called umbrella policies, and they cover any liability you might incur. When any of your other policies max out, the liability policy covers up to that limit. You should get a liability policy in excess of your total assets. It's in the range of $100-200 per million dollars of liability for an annual premium. So it's, as they say, cheap insurance. :)