Need New Chain Locker Lid and Rub Rail

chdeist

I recently bought an Ericson 25' needing some structural fiberglass repairs, primarily along the starboard deck/hull joint – it gets bad toward the bow, and the entire lid to the chain locker is missing. I plan to rebuild the missing section slowly, up and around to the deck, most likely cutting back some of the deck.

I'm hoping someone might have a lead on where to get the rub rail, and lid -- two things I'm hoping I won't have to rebuild from scratch. Any other tips on how to approach this repair are appreciated!

IMG_4771.jpgIMG_4758.jpgIMG_4773.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Oh My...

Big projects!
As for that missing lid, best bet is for someone with a sistership to make a mold from theirs and send it along to you.
Of course they would have time and resin and glass invested ($$) ... and perhaps develop a thirst for a bottle of single malt... or two...
:rolleyes:

Brass Dragon

Member II
Sailboat wrecking yard?

Not sure where you are located. I have seen adds on craigslist for a sailboat wrecking yard up here in Washington. I have never been there. You might check what they have. Sailboat Wrecking Yard , 5463 Guide Meridian Bellingham, WA Jeff 360-739-8748.

No doubt these places might be springing up elsewhere too.