• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need spreader insert

Gary G

Member II
Somehow the plastic insert (not spreader boot) at the end of one of the spreaders on my 1983 E28+ has disappeared. They press in and are held in place with two screws. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement? Thanks.

Gary

Gary G

Member II
Does the tip matter (much)?

The spreaders seem to be Kenyon SP2 and they have a few different types of tip inserts available. Can anyone with an E28+ tell me what their spreader tips look like - smooth, slot or hook for attaching shrouds, etc - please? I'm assuming all these boats are fractional rigs like mine. For the more expert rigger-types among you does the type of tip matter? Currently (without any spreader tips) my shrouds are free to move in any direction across the ends of the spreaders. Will things work properly if I use a tip with a slot or other configuration that contrains the movement of the shrouds across the tip a bit, especially while bending the mast? (I'd really like to know what type of tips came standard with the boat.) Thanks to all.

Gary

Gary G

Member II
Which one?

Yes, Tim, that's the page I've been looking at. The question is which of the tips is the correct one for my rig - plain, slotted, or hooked? (And does it matter which one I use.)

treilley

Sustaining Partner
So I take it you lost both. I thought you had one to look at. Make sure they are not still attached to the wire or stowed in your boat somewhere. Also check with the folks who unstepped the mast.