Parts prices

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I'm sure this won't be anything new, but am putting it out as a reminder. In these days that we tend to go to Amazon, Defender, etc for prices, don't forget that a lot of manufacturers sell their own parts so their web sites ought to be checked.

I am replacing the glow plugs (NGK Y-103K) and called a local marine engine parts supplier to learn that they wanted $67 each.
While I did find them on Amazon for $9.19 each, the reviews had me question the packaging and whether they'd actually be a set of 3 identical plugs. NGK makes them and the price is $4.88. With 2 day shipping for three plugs, the total was $25.24 or $8.41 each.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I tried your link and got a blank page that said "403 forbidden".......
Oh my, That's different!
:(

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Not sure why but search on the following and it should be the top result:
ngk y-103k 6325 glow plug

fwiw, There've been design changes since the old ones were put in. You can sort of see that these are both marked Y-103K:
20200228_155239-X3.jpg

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the prompt.
I just searched on Amazon. I saw those NGK glow plugs, then right under that entry I saw Kubota plugs for the D850 engine (which is what I have):

I just ordered a set of 3 for $7.99 each (free shipping). At that price, I can afford to let them lie around until I feel like replacing my current glow plugs. ;-)

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the prompt.
I just searched on Amazon. I saw those NGK glow plugs, then right under that entry I saw Kubota plugs for the D850 engine (which is what I have):

I just ordered a set of 3 for $7.99 each (free shipping). At that price, I can afford to let them lie around until I feel like replacing my current glow plugs. ;-)

I looked at those and they are unmarked (presumably Chinese) knock-offs.
Sorry

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Keith, thanks just ordered set of 3 NGK 6325 glow plugs from Rock...super quick and easy and cost $15.02 delivered. Cant beat that deal ! Never purchased from Rock before.

Part NumberPart TypePrice EACore EAQuantityTotalNo Vehicle Specified NGK6325Diesel Glow Plug$ 3.64$ 0.003$ 10.92ShippingFirst Class Mail$ 2.99Tax $ 1.11Order Total $ 15.02