PNW Rendezvous Summer 2024

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
We had a wonderful time at this year's rendezvous at Maple Bay, BC. It was great to see so many sailors from previous rendezvous. Lots of fun visiting on the various Ericson models, great discussion of sailing adventures, a fun dinghy race, great potluck dinner and a challenging, fun game of sailing questions.
Thanks everyone, and especially to Hans and crew for organizing this event.
Frank

Jamiem

Member II
We had a wonderful time at this year's rendezvous at Maple Bay, BC. It was great to see so many sailors from previous rendezvous. Lots of fun visiting on the various Ericson models, great discussion of sailing adventures, a fun dinghy race, great potluck dinner and a challenging, fun game of sailing questions.
Thanks everyone, and especially to Hans and crew for organizing this event.
Frank
Frank, we will touch base with you when we start planning a winter Vancouver Island cruise

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Very sorry to have missed it.

Any initial ideas where the 2025 Rendezvous might be?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Any initial ideas where the 2025 Rendezvous might be?
Here is your opportunity to suggest a place in US waters. Best you also start a new thread with that title.
(In the past I have even promoted a Rendezvous visit to Portland on the Columbia River.... that idea sunk without a ripple! ) :)

I sure regret having to miss it this year, as well. :(

Last edited:

mjknowle

S/V Sagres
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, and also thanks to the marina for the lovely venue and hospitality (wasps notwithstanding, but that's not their fault!). Hope everyone had a fun and safe trip onward to your next destination--I certainly did!

mjknowle

S/V Sagres
And a word to the wise for the next org team: settle on your date early (i.e. before ~February) so you can get it in PY's annual rendezvous roundup. (Also, don't have your marina decide to shut down on you in December and effectively kill the time and energy allotted to doing boat stuff for several months running ;-)

Brass Dragon

Member II
We really enjoyed the weekend and appreciate the great organizing job. Especially enjoyed the blindfolded dinghy race. It was close but Chris and Jim from S/V Quincy by a dinghy length. We carry the mermaid and banner for next year rendezvous on the US side. Unless someone else really wants to take it over, we will be doing the organizing. Watch out!
BTW, I have forgotten who picked my white elephant gift. Please identify yourself before someone else rats you out, and send me your mailing address!
Thanks so much everyone. It was great fun.
Dave & Joslin and doggy Danny
Brass Dragon

Attachments

• 20240727_144714[1].jpg
    20240727_144714[1].jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 10