Pump questions

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Well, things went pretty well this weekend. Our first on the new E35. I got my radar and chartplotter installed. Kathy did a lot of cleaning and organizing. She was astounded at how nasty it was under the head sink. It looked like it had never been cleaned. And I love the zip out liner making wiring so much easier.

We had a few minor problems though. Both the galley foot pumps leak when pumped. I know Whale has a rebuild kit but these appear to be TMC. Anyone familiar with them? Rebuild kit? Can a Whale Galley III pumps easily replace them?

The other problem is the valve for the small icebox pumpout is broken in the closed position. A job for another day.

TIA

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Zippers and Pumps and Mold, oh my

Hi Tim,
Welcome to the World O' Deferred Maintenance. Many owners prefer to live with the smell of mold rather than keeping their boat clean. No one knows why. :rolleyes:

It is wonderfun that your zippers still work. Be sure to spray those aluminum pulls with silicone every few months. Corrosion is not your friend.

Speaking of navigation electronics, one of the 35-3's seen at the NW Rendezvous has an HP printer installed at the nav station... to go with their all-options laptop computer system... Way Cool...
:nerd:

As to the galley foot pump, just check to be sure that yours is not the older type, with the long machine screw that go all the way through... very very difficult to put back together. Do not ask me how I came by this knowledge. On our last boat (an '81 model) I ended up replacing that pump with the current version, much better engineered, IMHO.

Cheers,
Loren in sunny Portland, OR

treilley

Sustaining Partner
A printer huh?

:D :D I am a network engineer by trade and my boat is the last place I want a computer.:D :D

I found a replacement pump at defender. Just ordered 2.

Last edited: