sail cleaning and repair

admirals barge

Member III
has anyone had there sails cleaned and repaired on the west coast? my main needs a little repair and a good cleaning...

thanks
greg

74 35II # 325

rotorhead

Member II
Sail Cleaning

I am new at this, but perhaps, you may do a quick internet check under your sail's manufacturer, or even another manufacturer. You may have a Sail Loft near where you live, and they may provide information, or even do the service for a fee.
I had my sails inspected by the local Quantum sail loft as part of the survey process for my boat.

Ismael:rolleyes:
S/V Erica of Falmouth
E380 "97" hull 24;)

Sam Vickery

Member III
Greg:

Fern Ferguson in Costa Mesa (949) 645-7741 did some repair work on my jib about a year ago. Very professional job, great price and a nice guy.

Sam

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We just dropped off our 9 year old UK 135 genny for a new sacrificial dacron leach cover and restitching of that area. The old threads were starting to break from UV exposure. This was at the UKSails/Lidgard loft in Seattle.
I will bet that you can find a good local loft near you that can help you out. My contact in Seattle is Doug Christie, Lft Mgr. Phone 206.632.2609.
Have you tried to make some contacts in the LA area?

Best,
Loren in PDX

Blue Chip

Member III
We had our main and jib ( at two seperate times) cleaned and repaired. They look like new. Sfter receiving the sails, the company calls and tells you what needs repairing and tells you the additional price. The Cleaning price as I recall is based on square footage, so you have a pretty good idea going in.
The numbers were resewn, and all new tell-tails put in. I can't recall the exact price, but it was very reasonable as I recall. The guy that handled it for us in Alameda CA measured and packed it and shipped it for us.
Now comes the catch.
Ya gotta send it to the EAST COAST. California won't let a plant with the chemicals needed operate here!
If more info is needed I'll look up the name of the fellow who handled it, and the price. We have a 32-200 with a 97% jib.

Mark May
BLUE CHIP

admirals barge

Member III
thanks for all the info... i will try fern first and mark if you can find the time to get the info i would greatly appreciate it..

thanks
greg