Securing Companionway ladder

Carina

Companionway ladder mounting hardware

Read with interest the thread. I am in need of companionway ladder mounting hardware like that shown in the photos in this thread. Does anyone know where I can buy that kind of mounting hardware and what is it called?
Thanks

Carina

Step Hardware

Can anyone tell me what the hardware that attaches the top of the companionway steps is called and where I can buy it? I'm in need of such hardware - it's missing on my boat.
Thanks

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Hinges For Sale on Ebay

All good suggestions and carefully considered. As I am still limping, I chose to go with a pintle hinge. After installation I found the companionway ladder to be very secure. It takes a little more effort to align and reset once removed to get at the engine box but I don't think it will come from under me again and that is worth the extra effort to get it back in place.

Nova's refit is underway again after the post "Hurricane Ike" party circuit has been exhausted. Cabin is completely stripped of vinyl and decayed teak vineers, hot water heater has been pulled out, diesel is running, and renovation of the 12V electircal system is currently underway. Adding some cabin lights, an automatic bilge pump and new stereo system.

I followed Nova's lead and will be replacing the stock "L-Shaped" hinges, because my ladder had a tendency to slip out from under me. I have no donuts on the floor and don't relish putting any as my ladder barely clears the bilge cover.

Anyhow, in order for this to work required me to purchase 2 sets of Take-apart hinges as they come in Left or Right. You need one Left and one Right if you want them to be located on the interior side of the ladder. I have packaged the 2 remaining and have them listed on ebay right now if you are contemplating this project.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32084251248...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1156