Wanted: Ericson 35-3 or Ericson 34

sailingdeacon

Member III
Must be in top condition with extras. Not west coast. As reported on this web site, I lost my 1987 E34 to Irene. It will be insurance company owned shortly.

Max draft 5'

Last edited:

John & Vicky Ma

Must be in top condition with extras. Not west coast. As reported on this web site, I lost my 1987 E34 to Irene. It will be insurance company owned shortly.

My wife and I have a 1987 E34 that we have owned since 2000, and have sailed it only on Lake Erie. Just recently we have been discussing moving up to a larger vessel that we intend to live on during the summer months here in Ohio. Pasja is in very good condition and if you are interested I can sent you photos, a list of improvements, and once I discuss your interest with my wife, a price.

John

ezavasnik

Anticipated Listing of EY 34 - 1988

My wife and I are planning to list our 34' Ericson (1988) this fall. We've sailed her on the Maine Coast for the past seven years. She's in great condition, lots of gear (especially for cruising/gunk-holing), well-cared for with regular maintenance and annual upgrades. If you're interested in more information, I'd be happy to email you the full listing and price info. - Erik

sailingdeacon

Member III
My wife and I are planning to list our 34' Ericson (1988) this fall. We've sailed her on the Maine Coast for the past seven years. She's in great condition, lots of gear (especially for cruising/gunk-holing), well-cared for with regular maintenance and annual upgrades. If you're interested in more information, I'd be happy to email you the full listing and price info. - Erik

yes please send with approx price do it quick am looking at another todat if you want call 252 515 6237

sailingdeacon

Member III
My wife and I have a 1987 E34 that we have owned since 2000, and have sailed it only on Lake Erie. Just recently we have been discussing moving up to a larger vessel that we intend to live on during the summer months here in Ohio. Pasja is in very good condition and if you are interested I can sent you photos, a list of improvements, and once I discuss your interest with my wife, a price.

John

Yes please send info to dkphelps at suddenlink.net It looks like the deal lhere is falling through. Max depth of 5'

sailingdeacon

Member III
Couldn't come to terms on the E35-3 I looked at. Have opened up now to Sabre36, Cal 35-2, Tartan 37 (but a bit too large), even a Pearson of the 1980s, but it may be that the E35-3 is the only one for me based on size, price, handling, etc. Ah well.. maybe down the road?

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Deacon, any way you could salvage the rub rail from your 34? I know there are many folks who could use it as it is no longer made.

sailingdeacon

Member III
How the insurance company handled my loss...and no parts available

The boat is being trucked Monday to some sort of auto/boat location for auction or whatever. Allstate is the insurer and gave me a very good cash value settlement. But they would not allow components to be sold. Odd I thought, but allstate was extremely helpful. By the way they now do not insure new boats beyone 27 feet. ANd Boatus in this area at least has a hefty deductible for named storms. for example 2500 or so for low 40's insurance. Also Allstate and others like it subtract the salvage costs from the "cash value " amount. However considering all that I still came out quite good... as good as I would have with Boatus Agreed to value. Not sure that would always be the case.

Somewhere at this site was a person who has 20' strips of the rub rail. SOmewhere ins SC I think. I contacted him last spring I think.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Couldn't come to terms on the E35-3 I looked at. Have opened up now to Sabre36, Cal 35-2, Tartan 37 (but a bit too large), even a Pearson of the 1980s, but it may be that the E35-3 is the only one for me based on size, price, handling, etc. Ah well.. maybe down the road?

You might want to add the CS 36 to your list. Nice quality boats w/good rep.
Another fine Ericson would be the E-36RH. Seth can help you with details and tips on that model.....
Loren

sailingdeacon

Member III
You might want to add the CS 36 to your list. Nice quality boats w/good rep.
Another fine Ericson would be the E-36RH. Seth can help you with details and tips on that model.....
Loren

After many years here I have bought that CS36. Just could not find the right E34 or E35 to replace my beloved' 87 E34. After the hurricane, she is being rebuilt somewhere now. This board is one of the very best of its type anywhere, and members are immediately helpful. It's been fun.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Cool Boat!

After many years here I have bought that CS36. Just could not find the right E34 or E35 to replace my beloved' 87 E34. After the hurricane, she is being rebuilt somewhere now. This board is one of the very best of its type anywhere, and members are immediately helpful. It's been fun.

What the heck, you'll always find stuff in your systems on the new (to you) boat that's similar to the fixes that would be needed for an Ericson. Drop by anytime. I would be curious how you will compare the boats -- design, sailing, livability, whatever.....

If MaineSail can be a contributing member here (CS 36, IRC), you certainly can too!

BTW, got any pictures to post up?
Back in '94 when we were traveling/shopping for our next boat at several BC marinas, we went aboard a CS36. Out of our price range, but looked like very good quality. Later we went aboard a CS30 and CS33, but both lacked head room for me. Of course a bit later yet came the fateful trip down to SF where we found our Olson....

Fair winds,
Loren
:egrin: