wanted: RH prop with 3/4" bore

Dave Hussey

Member III
HELP: I am looking for a RH, 2 or 3 blade prop with a diameter in the range of 11" to 13", and pitch in the range of 4" to 6".

The shaft bore size is 3/4".
This year I decided to try something: I have been suffering the consequences of motoring with a LH prop on my E27 witch has a port-offset shaft. The result is very uncomfortable due to added torque and rudder pressure, and backing down is impossible to control...so I am going to reverse the control cable on my MS Volvo gearbox and run it in the opposite direction...I'm running a Volvo MD6B 10hp diesel turning a Volvo MS reversing gearbox, with no additional gear reduction. As far as I can tell the MS provides 1.9:1 reduction on the output.
My contact info:
email = n7bqv@yahoo.com
cellular= 253-549-6992
THANK YOU :egrin:

Last edited:

Dave Hussey

Member III
Still hoping to find a used prop for my E27 before haul out in April. Anybody??
Specifications desired: 3/4" shaft bore ... diameter from 10" to 13"... pitch from 4" to 6"

tpcorrigan

Member II
Still hoping to find a used prop for my E27 before haul out in April. Anybody??
Specifications desired: 3/4" shaft bore ... diameter from 10" to 13"... pitch from 4" to 6"
I have a prop sitting on my desk at my work from our 1976 E27. I was going to mount on a stand. We upgraded to a three blade indigo unit in 2018 and have not looked back. love the extra power when going reverse. if interested I can measure, take a picture and figure if it is what your looking for. I believe it is original to the boat.

On another thought, what offset? our 1976 #850 is maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off center, if that. I have a friend with a 1976 27 C&C and his offset is literally 8 inches to port. now that's an offset

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For decades I have marveled at the offset angle for the shafts on many of the C&C boats. Rumor is that this was done to negate "prop steer" or turning forces going forward. Additionally it made removing the shaft easy. I have no idea if the science is accurate, tho. (?)

JPS27

Member III
I have a martec RH 3/4" bore folding prop. Message me if you're interested and we can discuss the measurement particulars.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Try a hard blast of power in reverse then backing down to idle after the boat is moving. That gives the rudder a chance to bite and steer the boat. The rudder has zero effect at zero knots. Most of us are way too wussy near the docks. A blast of power with the rudder over does not add to speed. Try the various combinations of power and rudder around a plastic mooring buoy. Way cheaper than using other boats as fenders.