Washdown pump

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I would like to install a saltwater washdown pump on my E35-III. They come in all shapes and sizes. 2GPM to 7GPM. 35psi to 80psi. Of course the larger ones are more expensive. Which would be adequate for deck washing using a 50ft hose? I was thinking middle of the road 3.5GPM and 50psi. Anyone BTDT?

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Tim: So happens I have a Groco C-50 pump. When my old Seidelmann 299 was on a mooring I got tired of pulling buckets to clean it...so I bought and installed this pump. That was in 1987.....in 1990 I changed marinas and now had a slip with running water and electricity.....Out of the DARK AGES!!!!!

I have no use for the pump.....If you can use it I will be glad to send it to you...It is heavy, and since I raced the boat I wanted all of the "Unused" excess weight out of it.

If you give me an email that I can send a digital pic to, I will send you the photo and you decided if it is what you want.

Requires a 20 Amp Fuse...heavy wiring.....I have the check valve for it also...

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For general reference, check out the washdown project in the Owners & Projects part of this site.
Loren

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I had reviewed the pump installation on the E38. I like the valve arrangement but I plan on installing a single faucet in the propane locker(I have cng). This is a perfect place to coil a hose. I hope I can get a hose long enough to reach the anchor locker and still coil in that space. Send me a photo of the pump. Sounds like a heavy duty unit. About how much does it weigh? Send photos to treilley@syseng.com

Thanks

lbertran

Member III
My Installation

I have a 1985 E35-3, so I don't know how similar our boats may be. I installed a Flojet pump which is, I think, a 3.5 gallon. It's very compact and easily fit inside the vanity in the head. It's plumbed to the sink drain/head raw water intake hose. I installed the Jabsco flush mount washdown outlet on the side deck right above the head vanity and ran the hose through the sliding cabinet behind the toilet. I keep the coiled hose in the anchor locker where it is handy for it's principal purpose. It was a neat and easy installation. I find the water pressure provided by this pump to be more than adequate.

Laura Bertran
Footloose, 1985 E35-3
Annapolis, MD