Woodgrain Tee moulding wanted

cruis-n

Member II
Does anyone have any extra woodgrain Tee moulding for sale? I understand that Outwater sells it but the minimum order length is 250 feet, and I don't need that much.

The is for the trim piece between the teak inside trim and hatch boss for my Ericson 35-3. I need two pieces approximately 85-90" each.

I had asked on the Sailnet mailing list and got a couple o people saying they had some but no one responsed back when I asked for details (line quantity and price).

If you have some, please contact me privately.

Thanks.

ccorcoran

Member II
Sorry, I don't have any (yet). However, I'm in need of the same material for 3 hatches on our '87 E34. That said, perhaps I'll order the 250 ft. roll and we could split the roll, or find a few others who have the same needs. I'll contact Outwater for details.

Chris

Filkee

Sustaining Member
New Year, Same Old Odds And Ends

I need some of said t-moulding. Any sourcing improvements since 2003? I tore mine out the other day because I was so frustrated with how crummy it made my new lean look.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I used white. Matches gel coat and doesn't look like imitation anything. In any case do measure the existing, as there are several sizes of T-molding.

1-white portlights.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I'd go in on a split with y'all and whoever else needs it. No real preference over the wood or white. I think the white looks nice there in Christian's pic.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Ah, good! I didn't know what that was called. Apparently the stuff Ericson used to line cut-outs in the plywood in my v-berth area has shrunk over the last 50 years, such that there is a two-three inch gap in each one. It's annoying, when I notice it, but not high on the priority list to repair.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
T-Mold

Yeah, I had been ignoring it but I looked up the other day and became frustrated and pulled it out.