• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WTB: Bow Pulpit for 1971 E29

Tahitianmoon19

Hello! The bow pulpit on my '71 E29 needs replacing. I'm looking to buy one and am located in Chicago. Please message me if you have one to sell and we can discuss- Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Back in the day, in California, Railmakers built a lot of these parts for Ericson. The company is still around AFAIK.
It's a long shot, but if they still have the jig stored away.........

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Mine got bent by a hit & run who apparently snagged the anchor in their rigging or something. Once I removed it from the boat, I found the tubing was quite thin and disturbingly easy to bend back into shape.

I've thought It might not be hard to improve on the original design (especially if one ever thinks of adding a bowsprit) and have a local machine shop build one. But haven't gone there personally.

Tahitianmoon19

Mine got bent by a hit & run who apparently snagged the anchor in their rigging or something. Once I removed it from the boat, I found the tubing was quite thin and disturbingly easy to bend back into shape.

I've thought It might not be hard to improve on the original design (especially if one ever thinks of adding a bowsprit) and have a local machine shop build one. But haven't gone there personally.
I was thinking the same thing..

Jenkins

Member II
and while we are talking about bows, any suggestions on how to replace the metal fitting on the bow that joins the rub rail from one side to the other?

Thanks,

Peter

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
and while we are talking about bows, any suggestions on how to replace the metal fitting on the bow that joins the rub rail from one side to the other?

Thanks,

Peter
There have been suggestions that "someone" with intact rub-rail ends should make molds and go into a cottage industry making the things. e.g.:

Or one could devise a figurehead of some sort to take its place. Or the butt-end of a bowsprit.

Gaviate

Member III
I have a bow pulpit from my 27, don't know if same as on 29. This has separate sockets that attach to the deck and then leg fits into it with set screw. I'm in mid WI.

debonAir

Member III

Mass Marine in Quincy MA is always junking boats. Looks like they got an E29 to part out a few weeks ago. Not sure what shipping would be but hey, not a bad time to travel to Boston for boat parts.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I was on the Railmakers site today for something else and found this page - the bow pulpit was apparently the same across several models!
Maybe it would fit your model too(?)
Dave, at Railmakers told me when I called to order the part I needed that Ericison did that for better inventory control. Smart!