2006 NW Ericson Rendezvous - Discussion

Jet Stream

Just wondering if there is any formal (or informal) itinerary for the weekend.
We do plan on attending however my sons b-day party is on the same weekend. We live in Sidney so travel is not a concern but which one of the two nights are the most active? Knowing the Vikings both nights will be very entertaining.
Thanks,

Sean, Leah, Patrick and Nicholas
"Jet Stream" E-27

PS if there is any questions any one has of the local area facilty etc please don;t hesitate to ask as these are my home grounds.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Love the photos and look forward to a good time at the Rendezvous.
Only hitch is that just this week I have discovered that the sheaves in my old YS pedistal steering system are questionable, at least for four days "at sea" :eek:

...and then today Kathy's boss put a semi/sorta-demand on her to attend some sort of training seminar on the 22nd.
Looks like we will (again, like last year...) be attending by car. We will try for a hotel reservation in Sidney.

Oh well, "life" is what happens to you while you are making plans!
:)

Loren in PDX

hodo

Member III
Sean, aahh the memories. Good pics, good folks, good fun, having a tough time waiting for June. Do you suppose Loren really has a boat? AAARRRGH :devil:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'm sayin'

that was an excellent adventure, Sean. Reminds me of a Dilbert that ends like this:

'Do you have "Photoshop" software?'

Great memories. Thanks.

wurzner

Member III
Sean,

Sorry, but I've been in counseling (again) after looking at Glyn's legs...I've seen more colour on a frozen chicken in my freezer and he's from California?

Actually, I looked at all the photos and it reminded me of how lucky I'm am to me a part of this organization and also how grateful I am for some of the key contributors (Sean, Loren, Glyn, John, Guy, Seth, Stuart) and a host of others who I'm missing. Having owned (currently) 2 Ericsons, this list has been and continues to be both a most valuable source of information and per your update with the photos, also a source of extreme entertainment at times.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all in Sidney.

Between work, getting ready for the "Round Whidbey" this weekend, trying to sell the 32, and Swiftsure on Memorial Day...things have been hectic. None the less, your update provide some extreme entertainment.

See you all in a few more than a few weeks!

Shaun (at 11:30PM after being up at the boat and up the mast!)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Thanks guys...

We're always happy to see your faces (you and Kathy) Loren - car, boat or otherwise -

Shaun - I look forward to seeing the 38...

Everone else - we'll see you next month! :egrin:

//sse

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Sean,

sorry, we're out of the country (our country that is). We're down in Florida for a working vacation - I'm working, the first Mate's on vacation! The new posting is super (except for the photos of us - looks like we just finished carrying the boat down from Vancouver!) :egrin:

My natural good looks are well hidden in that pic!

We both had fun going through the little picture show. It brought back some fun memories. Say, did you ever hear from that waiter at the bar who owned an Ericson?

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Mike.Gritten said:
..my natural good looks are well hidden in that pic...

Uuuuuhhhmmm - well, I hate to burst your bubble Mike, but ummmm... ;)

//sse

hodo

Member III
T shirts

Did we decide on the shirt thing? I don't know if I missed it or what. Jessie and I would both like one, so I hope we didn't blow it. She may cut off my rum ration, and then I'd have to drink single malt or dark beer or something, maybe even,[gasp] red wine!! OK, so I'm over doing it, and none of that sounded bad. Let me know please! Harold & Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Mike.Gritten said:
...Say, did you ever hear from that waiter at the bar who owned an Ericson?

Sorry - I missed this earlier...

Oh - the guy down at 'The Public House'? No, no - he never got ahold of me or the site, I think (unless I'm wrong - which I hope I am).

//sse

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Harold,

I think that Stuart is taking care of the shirts...I don't remember ordering any either, but, I'm sure he'll let us know if we've messed up. Stuart, are you out there?????

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Boo-Hoo!

Sorry to do this at such a late date, howevever...

After all the rain we got last winter (...remember the record 27 days before it really began to rain?) we've decided to get a new roof this summer. The bids have been coming in, and they are quite a bit more than we had anticipated (like $5k-$8k more).

Given all of this, we've decided to curtail other spending - so we're going to have to pull out of this summer's Rendezvous...the combination of lodging, ferry, fuel, food, etc is a bit much for us right now... :boohoo:

Anyhow - I hope I'll get lots of images from you guys - and hope that all of you have a great time. We'll catch up with you again next year...

//sse

ps: Stuart - If you're doing the tee-shirts, please do include one for me (XL). I'll cut you check, etc - send me a note and let me know, ok?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"Well Darn it all to Heck"

Hi Sean,
I am sorry to hear that you will not attending. But then my plans often keep changing as reality intrudes on them...

If only our boat were there this year... we would have housed you both in the aft cabin, a "double" berth well suited to those young and in love.
:)

Keep in touch, and perhaps sometime we could stop by and admire your new roof!
We do plan a weekend in Seattle later this summer, FWIW.
Loren

:cool:

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Loren Beach said:
...Keep in touch, and perhaps sometime we could stop by and admire your new roof! We do plan a weekend in Seattle later this summer

Loren -

Send me a note back channel and let me know when you'll be passing through the Seattle area to/from the Rendezvous. You guys are very welcome here!

//sse

Stuart

Member II
T Shirts

Hi All

Not to worry, no one has missed the boat on T shirts, they are in the works and I should have the pricing and stuff sometime next week. Been a little busy as have all of us. Please email with sizes at stuartm@pureresults.com.
Sean what ya thinkin, trading a weekend with all of us for a new roof???? Great job on the picture show!
Cheers
Stuart MacKenzie

Kevin Vine

Sidney Rendezvous

Kevin and Wendy Vine here, from Salt Spring Island, new to this rendezvous idea, owners of Deryn Mor, Ericson 26.
We don't yet know what goes on at an Ericson Rendezvous and are game to find out, but is there any sort of agenda or list of events for the weekend published yet? We can only come for one night, so are trying to figure out which would be the best part of the weekend for us to try and get there. Thanks in advance for any information you can give us!

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We get the most from the Rendezvous not from any planned events, but from meeting the people and boats that we "know" from this website. The planned events only serve to help you meet more of those people. It's great fun to see how others have approached the same challenges we all face with these wonderful boats. Any time you can spare to come and "visit" at this year's Rendezvous, will be time well spent.

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous agenda, sort of.....

Hi Kevin & Wendy

As Mike says, we are informal but do have some planned events, sort of. The tentative schedule is something like this. Friday arrivals meet and greet new and old friends sharing pot luck appies and refreshments on the docks and then perhaps to one of the local pubs for dinner. Saturday morning but never too early, about 10am we all pile into our fine vessels for a sail past along the shores of Sidney, this is casual but be warned there are some racers amongst us and you know what happens when two or more sailboats are side by side. Back to the docks for lunch, this year we have opted not to have a guest speaker (at least at this time) leaving us with some free time until about 2 or so then we would start with the afternoon antics, blind dingy race and other fun tests of you’re your boating skills, prizes being awarded after dinner.
If I had to pick a day and assuming you would be sailing from Saltspring, I would suggest you meet us out in the pond around 10am for the sail past, then into the marina for Saturday, staying that night which after the antics will be followed with a pot luck dinner, last year we had about one hundred happy Vikings dinning to an incredible spread put on by all.
This year we will be packed in a little tighter for dinner and bring your folding chair, plate, utensils, food to share and of course a good supply of the beverage of your choice. They do not have enough chairs at the marina and we have no budget to rent them, so if you want to sit……

Hope to see you there:egrin:
Cheers
Stuart MacKenzie