• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2020 PNW Rendezvous - July 17-19, 2020 - Genoa Bay Marina

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to vote and provide input into the location for the 2020 Pacific Northwest & BC Ericson Rendezvous!

We have a date and location!

Date: July 17 - 19, 2020
http://www.genoabaymarina.com

To reserve your spot:
- Contact the marina and let them know you are part of the 2020 Ericson Rendezvous group *contact information available on the website (Ben Keidaisch)
- Provide your name, phone number and boat length and they will hold your spot

If you can also let me know if you are planning to attend and I will keep a list.

Next up - I understand we also try to get a guest speaker for the potluck. Let me see what I can drum up.

Happy New Year and I look forward to meeting you in 2020!

Shannon

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Great work, Shannon! Genoa Bay is a lovely location, both at the docks and for any folks wanting to anchor out in the Bay. And they have a great restaurant and a nice area for everyone to gather together.
It's also easily accessible for both Canadian and US Ericson owners.
It should be a great rendezvous!
Frank

2020 PNW Rendezvous

Great work, Shannon! Genoa Bay is a lovely location, both at the docks and for any folks wanting to anchor out in the Bay. And they have a great restaurant and a nice area for everyone to gather together.
It's also easily accessible for both Canadian and US Ericson owners.
It should be a great rendezvous!
Frank

Looking forward to it!

Virginia

Member II
PNW Rendezvous July 17-19 2020

Hello Shannon!
I’ve just sent email to Ben at Genoa Bay for reserving a slip for the meet-up!
We are so looking forward to this.
-
Virginia & Marlin Prowell
Ericson 34
the Swallow
Bellingham WA

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Wish I could join but those dates are the start of my summer cruise out to Barkley Sound.. :) and :(

Look forward to seeing lots of great pics, though.

Frank Langer

Hi,
I didn't think we'd be able to attend this year as our daughter is having her second baby around June 22 in Edmonton, and my wife and I will be there to help with their toddler and housekeeping and whatever other help is needed. But today she told us that she only expects us to stay with them about two weeks, so we may be back home in Nanaimo in time to attend this year's Rendezvous in Genoa Bay. I made reservations today from Friday to Sunday, and am keeping fingers crossed that we can attend! :)
Genoa Bay marina staff were super friendly!
Frank Langer

Last edited:

Virginia

Member II
Well, I hope we are registered at the Genoa Bay Marina! I've sent email reservation request Jan 13 to ben@genoabaymarina.com, and didn't hear anything, so Jan 26 I sent the email to info@genoabaymarina.com, and still haven't heard anything back. Since Frank called and made a reservation, I tried calling this past weekend and today, and have not yet made contact. Frank must have the magic timing. Looking forward to meeting everyone, and Frank, I hope it works for you to attend!

Last edited:
Well, I hope we are registered at the Genoa Bay Marina! I've sent email reservation request Jan 13 to ben@genoabaymarina.com, and didn't hear anything, so Jan 26 I sent the email to info@genoabaymarina.com, and still haven't heard anything back. Since Frank called and made a reservation, I tried calling this past weekend and today, and have not yet made contact. Frank must have the magic timing. Looking forward to meeting everyone, and Frank, I hope it works for you to attend!

They have been a bit slow at responding over the winter. I will also follow up to confirm the number of boats he has booked for our group. It will be great to meet you!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
They have been a bit slow at responding over the winter. I will also follow up to confirm the number of boats he has booked for our group. It will be great to meet you!
I emailed in my request this am, too, to the guy you referenced in an earlier message in this thread.

Virginia

Member II
Just made phone contact with Genoa Bay! Hooray! 1-800-572-6481. They simply took my first name (didn't want last name!), the boat name, and length of boat, nothing fancy. I believe I am registered with them now.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I just received an email from "Ben" at the marina, so it looks like we are in, as well.
I had also asked about the little 'ferry boat' that was running back n forth to Cowichan Bay every day in 2014, and he sez that it no longer operates. That guy was fun to talk to and we will miss him.

Frank Langer

Cowichan Bay is a lovely little spot, and only a very short distance from Genoa Bay. If anyone has an extra couple of hours, either before arriving at the Rendezvous or after leaving, it is worth a stop. There are several marinas, but often little guest moorage, though they will try to accommodate you. The village is easy walking distance, like right there, and has colourful coffee shops, bakery, restaurant, maritime museum, etc. It's a quaint, fun place to visit for a couple of hours!
Frank

wurzner

Member III
Hi Long Time Ericson Friends,

It is long overdue, but I have left the “Ericson Brotherhood/Sisterhood and moved on! Given I was part of the site for the better part of 18 years or so, I will stay on the site and contribute when I can add things of value. So with that in mind, I will not be a fellow Ericson participant at this year’s Rendez Vous. That being said, there is very good possibility I might see you there if the sailing gods agree! I purchased a Hylas 51 and have been mildly engaged in some updates. By mildly, I mean rewiring the mast, all new standing rigging, new roller furler, new autopilot, new autopilot hydraulics, new chart plotter, new radome, new wind/speed/depth, new isolation transformer, new inverter charger, new dodger, and new water maker. So simply put, I am up to my eyeballs in system upgrades. The boat will splash again within the next 6-8 weeks, but many of the systems are still in boxes awaiting “deployment”! As I have learned, double the price and quadruple the time and you “begin” to approximate reality.

I do plan on crashing your event and saying hello. The new “sorcerer” will be based in Semiahmoo, so that makes the trip to Genoa much easier. Based on the tides, we have favourable currents Friday evening and then a great “push” back home, so there is a very good chance we will be there.

I have really enjoyed the friendships from the site, and plan on continuing those albeit not as a true Ericson owner. My attitude is once a Viking…always a Viking! I wish everyone well and look forward to hopefully meeting up in July.

Cheers
Shaun
Formerely
S/V Sorcerer
Everett, WA
Ericson 38-200

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
...I purchased a Hylas 51...

Whaaaaaaaat?

Geeze, Shawn - I don't know what to say.... Yes, please continue to come by - your knowledge to too valuable -- and I hope we'll see you this summer!

//sse

wurzner

Member III
Whaaaaaaaat?

Geeze, Shawn - I don't know what to say.... Yes, please continue to come by - your knowledge to too valuable -- and I hope we'll see you this summer!

//sse
Yup...plan on crashing the event. The boat location will make it much easier from a logistics perspective too.