• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e26-2 plumbing diagram - missing thru hull ?

acubria

Member II
hi all, I am trying to understand how the head works. I have the option with O/B discharge.
Looking at the attached diagram , I can not figure out where the water for the head comes from.... Is it ocean water or fresh from the tank?
I looks like I have two seacocks in there, one large for the sink and one other smaller (photo) with two hoses a red thiner hose (about 1/2") and a thinker one (black?).
Then on deck I have a pump-out and a water fill .
doesn't the system need a thru-hull to get ocean water for the head?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.54.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.54.37 AM.png
    821.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 10.09.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 10.09.47 AM.png
    800 KB · Views: 22

Andante

On my 35-3 the sink drain and the flush water pick-up tee onto the thru hull valve. It may be necessary to put the sink drain stopper in to pick up flush water when drawing water from overboard. 1 leave the thru valve closed. 2 run water into the sink. 3 Now I flush the head. This will draw the fresh water from the sink to rinse the bowl and plumbing. This procedure works great to winterize the head. Pour the RV antifreeze into the sink instead of water, the pump through. Done

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
While our '88 boat's plumbing was formatted, by the OEM look of it, to a factory standard, it's good to keep in mind that after several decades and some prior owners a lot of this stuff has, um, "evolved."
(sigh)

First there was the "as drawn" version that might have also generated the owner's manual page. Second there was often some modification in the "as built" version when the shop made some changes due to dealer request, and then the biggie: subsequent owner changes.
Sometimes the later will be logical and well executed, and sometimes... not so much... and sometimes just weird/baffling and in need of remedy. :(

gabriel

Live free or die hard
your boat may have come with a recirculating sanitation system. To the best of my knowledge, the way it attempted to work was by using the “clear” holding tank water to flush. boats equipped with this system (like mine) did not have a raw water intake.

not a very smart idea IMO

Last edited:

acubria

Member II
Actually, I was wrong. My system is setup like Andante describes:
  1. the sink drain and the flush water pick-up tee onto the thru hull valve
  2. a second larger seacock looks like the O/B discharge.
This worked : 1 leave the thru valve closed. 2 run water into the sink. 3 Now I flush the head. This will draw the fresh water from the sink to rinse the bowl and plumbing.

But for some reason I was not able to pickup water from the sea, not even with the sink drain stopper... Maybe I am doing something wrong. Will do more testing next week.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Arturo,

Does your head sink drain if the through hull is open?