• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Head portlight for E30+ 1981

douglas

Member I
Hi everyone. I want to replace the small portlight in my head (the old corroded sliding one that hasn't slid for decades I'm sure). Measurements of the cabin cutout are 5 1/4" X 13 1/4".

I was wondering if anyone has done this and recalls which company they used for the replacement, type of port, model # etc., hopefully one that needed the least modification of the existing fiberglass opening.

I am searching, looks like the closest I can find is a Lewmar Standard opening port size #1, but sounds like that will require me to make my opening a bit larger in the cabin which I have no problem doing, would rather not though.

Thank you very much in advance.

Doug

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Mine has a Lewmar opening portlight in that position on both sides of the boat. I have seen many Lewmar ports on Ericsons in those forward positions.

douglas

Member I
Thanks

Thanks Mark, I'll continue on the Lewmar route I guess, haven't found anything more appropriate yet.

Doug

paul culver

Member III
Lewmar for my E29

For those of you who have used the Lewmar Port #1 to replace the one in the head, I'm curious to know how they look from the exterior since they are not a perfect size match for the factory-installed ones. If they are not an obvious mismatch that's probably the direction I'll be taking.

Thanks

Paul
E29 "Bear"

paul culver

Member III
I'm also inclined to use a Lewmar #1 for the head on my E29. Just curious how well it blends in with the existing ports from an exterior visual perspective?

Thanks

Paul
E29 "Bear"

sailorman37

Member II
New Found Metals Port

I replaced those on my 30+ with the plastic/SS ones from NFM. I think the port with screen was about $150. Highly suggest you also rent their pattern for cutting the holes.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpg
    IMG_7119.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 58