• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Raymarine St60+ installed

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I have installed the displays in place of my DMI instruments. I had to use the flush mounting kits with them to make them fit the old openings as the stock display barely covers the hole. The other nice thing about the flush kit is that it makes the instruments much thinner. Next I need to replace the transducers, complete the rudder position sensor and run the wiring. While I had the instruments out I took the opportunity to wet sand/buff/polish the bulkhead.

I do need to do a little filling and gelcoating to hide the holes from an old Sailcomp that I could not cover.

Attachments

• insta.jpg
    insta.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 87
  • inst1.jpg
    inst1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 114
  • inst2.jpg
    inst2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I take it you did not have to "shrink" the old openings like I did for our transition from Datamarine to Raymarine ST-60 instruments.
Nice work on getting the bezels to all line up horizontally.
:)

Regards,
Loren

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I did not have to do any shrinking Loren. The flush mount kit has a larger instrument face(4.90 x 4.90). The opening is 4.50 x 4.50 so I actually had to cut material out. You can see the outlines of the material removed in the photo.

WhiteNoise

Member III
Nice!

Nice job Tim! Looks great. I'm jealous.

New instruments are on the list for me as well but probably not in the budget for another year or two unfortunately.

Congrats on the new toys!!!

jimlilje

Raymarine st60 transducers

Just purchased a 33 with no working instruments. Probably putting in Raymarine depth and speed, but I'm a little nervous about cutting thru hull. Is the hull a core type or would I be ok just cutting my 2" hole.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I am not sure if the 33RH is cored or not. If it is then you should pot the holes with thickened epoxy. Either way you will still cut the hole the same dimension and install a backing plate made of Garolite.

My raymarine transducers were the same diameter as my DMI transducers so it was just a matter of replacing them. My hull is not cored.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Just purchased a 33 with no working instruments. Probably putting in Raymarine depth and speed, but I'm a little nervous about cutting thru hull. Is the hull a core type or would I be ok just cutting my 2" hole.

E-33RH = solid layup hull.

LB

sveinutne

Member III
I am in the process of putting in new Raymarine st60+ too, but I am not sure where to put the dept transducer. In the instruction they are suggesting in front of the keel, and it should be facing straight down, with less then 10 degrees from straight down. There is no place the hull is flat like this, so I guess I will have to put it on one of the sides, but then it might point forward with a 15-20 degrees angle. Where are you placing this transducer?

sveinutne

Member III
Thank you for advice through private letters. Now I have some ideas on how I can install the transducer

http://www.raymarine.com/default.asp...=606&Parent=40

or http://www.marine-super-store.com/po...edpartno=04241

Now, I have also a slightly different question. Before I bought the Raymarine ST60+ package with three instruments I had already bought a depth meters with water temperature and air temperature sensor. This transducer is using 200 kHz. My idea now is to use both the dept meters and have them installed on each side of the boat with a slight angle out, so when I am sailing with a 20 degrees bank one of them should still be able to give a good reading. I did not find any information of what frequency the Raymarine depth meter is using, but I hope it is not the same as the other, just so the two dept meters should not make interference for each other.
--
I plan to use NASA IN HULL TRANSDUCER KIT for the Reymarine transducer, and drill hole in the hull for the transducer that is also measuring the sea temperature.

Last edited:

mojotomn1

transducers

looks real good great job anyone have an old but maybe working wind speed and directional transponder............just trying to put mine back together on a shoe string budget