portlight

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have a port side portlight for an E27 that they would be willing to part with? It's the small front fixed port - 14" x 6" (outside dimensions).

Thanks,

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'm looking for one of these fixed ports to replace the "opening" port in the head. It doesn't have to look great and I mostly need the the two-part frame. Also by "part with" I mean in exchange for money!

Lewmar Standard opening ports

I have several used, but good Lewmar standard opening ports left over from another boat.
I have installed four of these on my E-29.
If interested, will dig them out of storage & send picture.
Paul & Anne Marie Huch
732-892-2436

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for the offer Paul & AnneMari. I'm going to keep looking for the fixed original port.
With the opening hatch over the head my thinking is that I have enough ventilation and that a fixed port will be less likely to leak.

Thanks again

Mike T

Member I
Original Portlight

Hello Mark, You are in luck, I never throw anything away, at least thats what my wife the me. She right about anything for my Ericson. I have one opening - slider portlight and two fixed on the shelf. I replaced them with Lewmars a few years back. I will be out for a few days, have to survey a boat in Traverse City MI. Will be back some time this weekend. Let me know if you still need one. Mike :egrin:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Mike, I am interested in one of your portlights. Are they the 14" x 6" to the outside frame ports? Are they unpainted aluminium?

Thanks, Mark
1976 E27

Mike T

Member I
Hi Mark,
Yes they are 14" X 6" outside dimensions and are not painted. Glass area is approximately 11.5" X 3.5" plus seal

Mike
1978 E30-2

rod sanburn

Member II
Ports

I replaced mine with NFM SS. 1 is good 1 needs new safety glass. You can have them free, if you cover the shipping. Rod

B

bajabundo

Original Portlight

Hello Mark, You are in luck, I never throw anything away, at least thats what my wife the me. She right about anything for my Ericson. I have one opening - slider portlight and two fixed on the shelf. I replaced them with Lewmars a few years back. I will be out for a few days, have to survey a boat in Traverse City MI. Will be back some time this weekend. Let me know if you still need one. Mike :egrin:
Hi Mike.. just wondering if you still have no of those fix portlighs available..

B

bajabundo

Hi Jerry thanks for replying yes if possible will like to buy the fix one just to be safe regarding leaks.. please let me know